In one way, it’s hard to believe Nash’s 2nd birthday is just a few weeks away…but on the other hand, I forget he’s not already 2. He’s such a big kid these days! We decided that we’re going to skip the big birthday party hoopla this year and just celebrate with our families. The plan is instead to use the money to buy Nash a few good ol’ “boy toys”. I love that he loves his baby dolls and fairy wings…but with another sister on the way, I have to agree with Chris that he may need a G.I. Joe or two 😉
Here are the goodies that made the “wishlist”…
1. Racing Car Take-Apart Toy. He loves cars and seems to have his dad’s engineering brain…so this toy should be a winner!
2. Superhero Dress Up Costumes. Because I’m not even sure Nash knows who these guys are…it’s time to introduce him to some superheros!
3. Buckle Toy “Buster”. Isn’t this toy genius? I wish I would’ve heard about it sooner! I think I’ll keep it in my purse for long drives or dinners out. Nash loves him some buckles!
4. Elite Force Battle Group Play Set. I think these guys might be as much for Chris as they are Nash 😉
5. Adidas Soccer Ball. This should solve the problem of both kids fighting over the same pink ball. Right?!?
6. Fisher Price Pirate Ship. Both Arden and Nash fell in LOVE with this toy at some family’s house. There are so many pieces and details…I think it’ll be a toy that really grows with him.
7. Nerf Gun. Can anyone guess who added this one to the list? I’m surprised he didn’t request 2!
8. Youth Baseball Glove. I can’t wait to see if Nash really likes these toys…or if he just likes Arden’s!
9. Gearation Refrigerator Magnets. He loves to use regular old magnets on our easel–so I know these will blow his mind!
10. Soccer Goal. Because what fun’s a soccer ball if you can’t score a goal?!?
11. Magformers. Okay, so I might be the one who wants these. I could play with Magformers all day long!
That’s all I’ve got for today! We’re heading to the Little Apple this weekend…and next week I might just write a pregnancy update post. You know…19 weeks in 😉
Happy weekend, friends!
Love the list. Magformers are so fun! There are some in my kids’ school office and I was totally playing with them while waiting for a meeting to finish up!
Oh I love this post! Dean got the superhero capes! Love them. Also lots of dinosaurs and tools. These are fun ideas I’m keeping for Christmas gifts. Thanks!
Sarah S. says
So many great ideas here! My parents have one of those take-apart cars and both boys have loved it from such an early age! And I sent those superhero capes to our birthday exchange partner last summer–and simultaneously added them to the boys’ wishlists! And math teachers love Magformers! 😉 😉 But whatever you do, DON’T GET THE ARMY MEN!!! Trust me when I say army men all over the floors is never a good idea. Which is why ours have been sent to the basement and hidden on a shelf that’s very, very high.
Ha, love that he’s gonna get some “boy” toys. So cute! Ben would LOVE all of this. I put those capes on his Amazon wish list, but he didn’t get them for his Birthday. I’ll have to buy them for Christmas!
Laura Keenan says
Such a great list! Both boys love their soccer balls and net. Also, they tend to love Tegu blocks way better than the Magformers. Tegu are expensive, but they often go on sale on Amazon. And we just add small sets to our big collection around birthdays and Christmas.
Such a great list! We have the take-a-part airplane and Wyatt loves it! I feel the same way about Stella turning two, too! I feel like she is two already but yet can’t believe she’s already been with us for almost two years!
Love the list!! All great things for Mr. Nash! Have you looked into Creative Capes? Cam has a set from there and they are awesome.
Lizzie @ This Happy Life says
What a great list! I have a similar buckle buddy in mind for Christmas for my 2yr old, she loves buckles too!
Great list! I can’t believe Nash is already going to be 2! Wasn’t he just born? These are all such good ideas – bookmarking this so I can get some of these for Mim for Christmas!