We had some pretty special guests this past week: Brittany, Jimmy and Mr. Charlie Carter himself! Arden and Charlie had met a few times in Kansas City, but so far there hadn’t been an opportunity for them to spend a lot of quality time together. The same goes for Charlie’s mom and me. Since we had these babies four and five months ago, we’ve had to learn to stay updated mostly through text messages and each others blogs (these kids keep us busy!!!) So to say that I was excited about the Carters’ visit would be quite an understatement 🙂
Here are some of the highlights of four days together…
- Charlie and Arden held hands for the first time. It was so much fun to see them notice each other and interact! The best part is that it will only get better as they get older.
- Multiple trips to the new Kroger by our house. It’s crazy the things that excite you once you become a parent 🙂
- Visiting Katie and sweet Mr. James. I’m glad I got to tag along and meet the little guy…he is adorable!
- Car rides…Arden screamed and Charlie slept. That’s men and women for you, I suppose 🙂
- A mother/baby day at the mall!
- Charlie spit in Jimmy’s mouth. Yesss.
- One day the guys took a break from football and play station to make us dinner. I must say, it was delicious.
- Brittany and I got the babies on pretty similar schedules. At one point we walked out of our separate rooms at the exact same time after putting them down. Might as well have been choreographed!
- “I need to know like Marc Anthony”
- Movie day. The guys saw Skyfall while we watched the kiddos…then we switched and Britt and I went to “This is 40”. It was fun to hang out just the two of us and to see a movie in a theater…but that movie was just plain weird.
- Charlie teaching Arden new tricks. Since they left, Arden has been grabbing for Hazel and hanging out in the exersaucer like a pro. That guy is a good influence!
And how about some pictures from the week?
|After and all-night trip, Charlie arrived in Texas! He had his backpack on and was ready to party 🙂|
|Charlie going in for the kiss! We’ll definitely use this picture to embarrass them when they’re in high school….|
|La Finca dinner! Poor Arden the cyclops…|
|Gameday gear. Charlie so wishes he was in purple…|
|Quite possible my favorite collage ever. Holding hands, longing stares, sharing toys and sharing bows 🙂 Charlotte Carter is pretty cute too!|
The end of their time in Katy didn’t really go as planned…I got the stomach flu on New Year’s Eve, so our guests decided to head home early and we cancelled our party for that night. I can’t even talk about it–I’m still SO sad!!!
Even though it was cut short, we had such an awesome time with the Carters in town. Getting to hang out with my best friend and our little families was the perfect end to the holiday season. Not to mention, something we’d both been looking forward to since that phone call last January where we shared our big news!
Chris and Arden and I are so lucky to have these three in our lives…and so lucky that they drove for basically two days to hang out with us! We’re looking forward to many more trips and memories with our “sort-of family” 🙂
Love you guys!!!
favorite post ever!!! We had SO much fun. I wish you guys lived next door – just think of the fun we'd have then? Boys playing play station while moms and babies hung out? Pure HEAVEN!!!
Love you guys!!!
You have such a cute family! Just found your blog and noticed you live in Texas. Me too 🙂