Hey-o! It’s day 5 of the Kid Tested, Mom Approved Link-Up party! I don’t know about you guys, but I have gotten so many great ideas over the past 2 weeks–I’ve just been pinning my little heart out!
Today’s topic is “Tried & True Toys,” hosted by the one and only Julie, from The Girl in the Red Shoes! I can’t wait to see what Julie’s handsome little Hudson is playing with these days. He and Arden are only a couple of weeks apart so I always get great ideas and inspiration from Julie!
If you spend 5 minutes with Arden in her playroom, you can easily figure out what her favorite toys are. It always makes me laugh to see her dig to the bottom of a bin or push aside 10 other toys just to get to one of her favorites! Lucky for me, I have an older sister with 3 kids that has so graciously passed most of these down to us. I used to hate getting her old clothes, bikes, and other hand-me-downs…but now I’m like “bring it on”!! Ha!
So without further ado, here are Arden’s tried & true toys!
1. Fisher Price Laugh & Learn Musical Table – This has been a favorite since Arden learned to sit up by herself. She used to play with it with the legs off, and now I seriously think she could stand there all day and send emails and make calls. And thanks to this toy, she’s probably going to be bilingual. Ole’! 😉
2. My Pal Violet – Meet AQ’s latest obsession. She claps and squeals the minute she sees Violet and wants to take her everywhere. I love that you can personalize the toy with your child’s name and favorite foods, colors, animals, etc. Arden always gets a big smile on her face when Violet says, “I love you Ar-DEN!” Oh and there’s also a Scout for all of you boy moms!
3. Baby Touch & Feel Books – Our collection of these little books just keeps growing! They are the perfect size for little hands and great for throwing in your diaper bag when you’re on the go. Arden loves to feel all the textures (especially the really furry ones!) and we always have a good time practicing the noises that go with each of the different animals. Sometimes I have to get creative though…what sound does a bucket make anyway?!
4. LeapFrog Magnetic Fridge Farm – I looooove this toy. The idea is for the child to match the front of an animal with the back…and if they get a match it sings a little song. If not, it tells them what they mixed up…”A pig-duck? That’s silly!” It’s pretty cute 🙂 Oh and it’s got a few other banjo jams that Arden really digs…case in point.
5. Fisher Price Stroll Along Walker – Our little lady is pretty wild about her baby stroller. And if you put Violet IN the stroller, watch out because she will push you over to get to it!
It’s great for those that aren’t quite walking because it’s sturdy and doesn’t tip over easily. Plus, is there anything cuter than a baby pushing a mini stroller? I think not!
What are the tried and true toys in your home? I can’t wait to hear about them…we need some Christmas ideas over here! (What?? It’s never too early to start thinking about Christmas, right?!)
I hope you’ll grab the button below and join us!!
And don’t forget that we’ll be bringing this fabulous party to a close on Thursday…I’m so excited to host Go-To Gear!