It seems like there’s a lot of exciting stuff going on right now…so why not write about it?
- Whitney and Adam get here tomorrow! I literally cannot wait. I’ve never ever spent time with these two when we didn’t have a blast. Plus, we’re not the only ones they’re coming to visit…Adam’s sister is Lauren…you know, the Lauren who’s married to Brian, who lives 3 minutes from us, who we hang out with a lot down here? Make sense? 🙂 So the 6 of us are going to take on the Houston Rodeo BBQ Cook-off and so much more. I anticipate a lot of these moments…
- Chris and I started reading the 4 Hour Body. I probably wouldn’t have bought this myself, but it was a gift to the company from my health-conscious boss…and I was intrigued by the idea of shorter workouts. This guy did crazy amounts of research on everything from weight loss and body building to living longer and getting a better night’s sleep. I definitely don’t want to be a body builder, but who doesn’t want to get super lean in three 20 minute workouts a week? I started the kettlebell workout on Monday and strangely, I think I already feel stronger. Remember though–this is coming from the As Seen On TV Queen — I am a sucker and it’s probably all in my head. We’re also trying to cut down on carbs during the week. This is HARD for me. I’m a carb-aholic…they are what I crave. So instead of easy rice as a side to almost every dinner, we’re opting for 3 min. steamed vegetables. Come on, I have enough trouble preparing the main dish…I go easy on the sides! 🙂 Anyway, I’ll keep you updated on our 4HB progress…because yes, it requires tracking everything.
- I leave for Australia and New Zealand in 10 days! This work trip has seemed sooooo far away until now, so I’m starting to kind of freak out! Yikes! I have lots to do before then, one of which includes getting mentally prepared. Any normal person would thrilled to take a 12 day trip to these amazing countries–especially when you only have to work 4 of those days! I’m excited, but all of my friends know, I have issues. You’d think a 26 year-old wouldn’t get homesick like a kid at summer camp, but I do…I can’t help it! Ugggh, I get mad at myself just typing that! However, I’m going to do everything in my power to take it all in and really make the most of this experience. I will not be a dud like I was when I studied abroad in Denmark. I’m hoping that by talking and blogging about it, I will feel more accountable. I know that sounds silly…please hold me accountable for having an amazing time in Australia and New Zealand. One thing I do know though…I will take LOTS of pictures!
- One last thing–we’re going to Austin on Monday for the K-State game! I wish we could stay for a few days, but it just didn’t work out…so we’ll definitely be planning a trip back soon. I love love love Austin! AND, we’re meeting Liz and Rachel for dinner before the game — can’t wait to see them! 🙂
- Tomorrow is my Friday. Hallelujah!