We had a family-filled Easter weekend, and I have to say, it was pretty great. Here are some of the highlights…
1. This handsome bunny melted my heart in his Easter best. Seriously though…bowties and suspenders are everything.
2. We were running behind on Saturday (typical…), but I knew I needed to get a pic of these two before we headed to our church’s Easter egg hunt and service. Let me just say, it was worth being a little late 🙂
3. So Nash is not really into “hunting” for eggs. He’s more into cracking them open and shoveling candy into his mouth…sometimes still in the wrapper. He’s lucky he didn’t pop a button on those skinny pants!
4. Face-painting, cookie decorating, crafts, games. I love the Easter festival at church…and so does this gal.
5. Sweet tulips from a friend brightened my kitchen and my mood all weekend long.
6. Nash adores my dad–and vice versa. As soon as we turn down my parents’ driveway or Nash catches a glimpse of him, he starts yelling “PAAAAPPPPPPPAAAAA!!!” I mean, I can’t blame the kid, I think he’s pretty great too 🙂
7. After a moving Easter service, everyone came back to our house for pizza and egg dying. My dad also taught the kids how to “blow out” eggs by putting a hole in both ends and, you guessed it, blowing. It was grossly entertaining for everyone.
8. Easter morning we woke up to snow…yes, SNOW. (What in the world, Kansas?!) But that didn’t stop the kids from digging into their goodies from the Easter bunny. Arden loved her purse and Nash his car…but both were totally obsessed with some random character cups that I found at Aldi. Cheap presents for the win!
9. Later that morning we headed back out to my parents’ for an indoor treasure hunt with all the cousins. They followed clues around the house to find their eggs…while Nash sat back and attempted to inhale more candy. Anyway…I just love it when all six of these cuties are together.
And because I couldn’t NOT share these shots from Arden and Nash’s front porch photo shoot!!! (You can find their outfit details here)
While the cuteness was at an all-time high this weekend, the promise of Easter shined brighter than everything else. A promise that means more to me than ever. A promise that I’m counting on.
I will be truly glad and believe that there is wonderful joy ahead…
Hope you all had a blessed Easter too. XOXO