Am I the only one that lays in bed at night and stares at pictures of their kids? It’s crazy to me how some days I am counting down the seconds until bedtime…then an hour later I miss them and want to go stare at them while they sleep. Oh motherhood, you can be so strange sometimes.
Anyyyway. Here are some pictures of our weekend…because they tell the story better than I ever could.
1. We met Santa and NO ONE cried. Say what?!?!?! Arden was totally starstruck as we walked up to him…she got right up on his lap and told him she wanted Frozen Barbies, a Frozen Yogurt Shop (side note: she saw this in an AGD catalog and I think she just heard “Frozen” and assumed it was something she needed to have!), and games. Nash just thought Santa was interesting and he acted like he would’ve sat there all day. So apparently if Santa worked at the gym and church nurseries, my life would be a whole lot easier!
2. Santa + milk + cookies = best morning EVER.
3. I had to snap a shot of the kids in front of the darling little store where we met Santa. I’d never been to Lauren Alexandra in Brookside, but I’m pretty sure I want to live in that store. It’s magical! Such a great Kansas City Moms Blog event 🙂
4. Friday night we met my family out at the arboretum for the annual luminary walk. We followed it up with Mexican for dinner (typical!) and kept Nash out past his bedtime. I sure love hanging out with this group.
5. Saturday morning we loaded up the car and headed to Manhattan for the game. Nash’s version of tailgating was making himself comfortable on Uncle Taylor and watching Mahna Mahna 😉
6. Some family friends were kind enough to let us use 4 of their club level tickets again for this last game. That place is a-mazing. Free food and drinks, Call Hall ice cream at halftime, complimentary blankets, and the comfiest chairs in the stadium. Plus the view is pretty great too. When I win the lottery I’m totally buying season tickets up there 😉
7. Sweet Nash fell asleep at the end of the 3rd quarter, and I have to say the rest of the game was pretty darn peaceful! I had a nice little heater snuggled up to me and I could actually watch the cats WIN! Oh and I posted this picture on Instagram with the #kstategameday hashtag and we made it on the jumbotron! 3 seconds of fame 😉
8. We headed back early on Sunday morning in order to make it to Arden’s Christmas program practice at church. She was excited to get to stand next to her cousin Will for the rehearsal…and if you can’t tell by the picture, it should be a pretty entertaining show!
9. And this is about as creative as I get when it comes to the Elf on the Shelf. Do I get bonus points for remembering to change his location before we left to go out of town?! ha!
Anybody else spend time putting their Christmas cards together over the weekend?? I love addressing the cards myself until I’m about 1/2 way through–and then I vow to use labels the next year 😉
Luckily the return address process is simple (and way cuter than my handwriting!) with my fun stamp from Mollie and Lou.
And how darling is this gift tag stamp?! We used it to make a tag for a little friend’s birthday party on Sunday–but it would also be cute for artwork, thank you notes, etc.
Today I’m teaming up with Dawn, the owner of Mollie and Lou (and the sweetest person on the planet), to give one of you the stamp of your choice. Just enter the rafflecopter giveaway below and look for the winner to be announced this Friday! You can also use the code KCMOM to get 10% off your Mollie & Lou purchase through January 7th. Enjoy!