I had originally planned to share my favorite baby products every month of Arden’s first year….
and then I skipped 5 months 🙂 Whoops!
Something is better than nothing though, right?
So here are some of the things we’ve loved the most this past month…
1. Fisher-Price Rainforest Waterfall Peek-a-Boo Soother – My mom actually found this gem at a garage sale, and let me tell you, we could not live without it. It’s attached to the inside of Arden’s crib and the soothing music and lights help her to fall asleep at most naps and before bed. Now that’s she’s older and has figured out how to work it herself she’ll sometimes wake up early from a nap, turn it on, and then fall back asleep. It’s glorious!
2. Mustela Hydra-Bebe Body Lotion – Okay, for real people…there is no better smell in the world than a baby buttered up with this lotion! My sister-in-law got me hooked on it when she used it with my nephew…so now we tell Arden all the time that she smells like Lukey. She might grow up to think that is kind of weird–but it’s actually a really good thing 😉
3. Fisher-Price Rainforest Jumperoo – My child would probably bounce all day long if I’d let her. The only negative I can come up with is that, for whatever reason, it causes her to have gigantic blowouts. Therefore, the best time to put her in it is right before Daddy gets home. Ha!
4. Playtex Lil Gripper Straw Cup – This sippy cup was the perfect beginner cup for Arden. It has squeezable sides so you can push the drink up into the straw until the baby gets the hang of the sucking. After a couple of weeks of practice, Arden surprised us one night by grabbing the cup herself and gulping down some water with her dinner. Now she’s a pro! One thing I will say is that if you’re traveling with it or don’t want it to leak, use the lid to fold the straw down. It’s definitely leaks a little bit otherwise.
5. VTech Rhyme and Discover Book – Arden is obbbbbsessed. It amazes me how it’s the first thing she picks out of her toy basket every time. Even if she can only see a tiny corner of it, she’lll fish it out from behind other toys…apparently it’s just that cool. I have to thank my sister for this one (and 90% of the toys we own). Hand-me-downs are the best!
6. Stacking Cups – She obviously can’t stack them yet, but Arden loves banging these cups around–and knocking down the towers that I build, of course.
7. Little Blue Truck – Oh how I love this book! Such a cute little story and so fun to read. It may sound like a boys book but girls will love it too 🙂
8. Fisher-Price Click n’ Learn Remote – This is Arden’s toy of choice in the car. Meaning that while I’m driving there is a constant chorus of, “changing channels is such fun!” and “makin’ things happen ’cause I’m in control!” 😉 Uncle Taylor must have done his research before he gave her this Christmas present…five months later and she still loves it!
Happy Friday, friends!