For a couple of these!!!
A. It’s official…we’re moving to Houston! B. How cool is this license plate?!?
Last week Chris accepted a position on a new project–which starts in Houston and ends up “Down Under”! Yep, Hazel is going to be an Australian French Bulldog. Multicultural if you will.
The potential of living in Oz is beyond exciting, but for now we’re going to focus on move #1–for our sanity. Here are some reasons why I’m so so so excited about moving to H-town…
- I LOVE TEXAS
- I might finally get to experience the Texas football that I have grown to love on the best TV show EVER
- I’ll have the excuse to wear cowboy boots…all. the. time.
- Chris is really excited about his job.
- We actually know people there! And my Dallas loves will only be a few hours away!
- No more winters for us. Unbearably hot and humid summers…but still, no winters!
- Although it’s further away from Kansas, it will be a good chance for us to get to know a new place. Without the option of going to KC every other weekend I’m hoping it will really feel like home. Okay, nothing will ever take Kansas’ place as home–but you know what I mean 🙂
- I love Texas Country…and something tells me I might hear a little bit of it while we’re there. Jason Boland, Pat Green, Randy Rogers…ahhhh.
- I have the most awesome opportunity ever to stay on with my company and work from Houston. It’s going to be exciting, challenging, and the best part is that I still get to work with some pretty amazing people. I feel so fortunate! Oh, and now it’s time to start looking for some fun home office furniture 🙂
- Everything’s bigger in Texas. Sorry, I just had to.
The next few weeks are going to be a bit of a whirlwind…last week in the office for both Chris and me, Houston for a home finding trip, Denver for a wedding, back to St. Louis to pack up the house and move…then hopefully back to Hannibal to celebrate my favorite little guy’s 1st birthday. Phew!
So here’s to Texas. We’ll see you soon!!!!