While out on a walk the other night we ran into a neighbor we hadn’t seen since you were born. He was congratulating us and we told him you were almost six weeks old. Wait, what?? Seriously? Already?!
I know someday I’m going to look back and miss your tiny little infant days, but for right now I’m enjoying watching you grow. Every day is something new and I know it’s only going to keep getting better as you get older.
I’m going to keep this short since we’re pretty busy preparing for your first plane ride back to Kansas. Yes, I said plane ride…Ahhhhhh! (That’s part “I’m so excited” and part “I’m scared to death” in case you couldn’t tell.)
Here are some things that have been going on this week…
- You found your hand–well your mouth found your hand anyway. Maybe this is the start of thumb-sucking but for now it’s your whole hand–you’re not picky about which finger.
- You giggled at me on Monday! I had you in the bouncer while I was getting ready and when you started to fuss I got down and tried to sing along to the tunes that were playing. You must’ve known that I was making up the words to “Farmer and the Dell”–and that was funny 🙂
- You had your first “bad day” on Wednesday. Uncontrollable crying, which sometimes turned into shrieking that broke my heart, and the only thing that could calm you was to eat. I feel the same way sometimes, so I can’t blame you 🙂 Anyway, I spent a lot of time nursing you that day (as in, I didn’t take a shower or even walk outside)…and then when your dad got home I handed you over, told him there was milk in the fridge, and took a nap. Amazingly, I woke up to a happy baby–praise the Lord!
- Your dad changes your diaper in the middle of the night and then hands you off to me to eat. He has instructions to keep it all business so that you don’t think nighttime=playtime…so it’s hilarious when I come out of the bathroom and I hear him saying, “Quit that! No smiling! This is NOT fun!” You might be the only person that smiles when they’re woken up at 3am!
- Speaking of your dad–he’s a funny guy. When you get a little bit older I think you’re going to get a kick out of the songs he makes up and sings to you. Some notable ones from this week:
-To the tune of the Grinch song while changing your diaper: “It’s a WET one, Mrs. Arden…”
-To the tune of Avril Lavigne’s “Girlfriend” while trying to calm you down: “Hey, hey, you, you, I don’t like your crying…no way, no way, I think you better stop it…”
Here are my favorite pictures from the week…
|Just taking a snooze next to your buddy Henry before mom’s group/bible study. 🙂|
|Snuggling with Hazel.|
|Hanging out on your new blanket from the Willman’s–all the way from Alaska! So sweet 🙂|
|That guy is so funny…|
|I mean, seriously.|
|Maren said she thinks the saying on your onesie is probably true 🙂|
|It’s so hard for me to get you to sleep on my chest–apparently you save that for only Gigi…so this was a real accomplishment!|
|I think we might be related?|
Love you, Arden! Now be a good little traveler for us this weekend, okay? 🙂
ginny ellis says
Is Ms. Arden coming to her first KSU game??
Ooh she is precious! I love that Chris makes songs up because I am guilty of that with my niece! Smooth traveling!