For my first unofficial Mother’s Day gift, Chris got us tickets to the Brothers of the Sun Tour. So after a 5-hour childbirth class yesterday (woohoo) we put on our boots and headed to Reliant Stadium for a little Tim and Kenny!
We hit the 37 week mark on Friday, so this was the perfect “full-term” celebration. 🙂
Some other observations from the night….
- I was really there for Kenny but Tim won me over in those white jeans. 45 years old, are you kidding me?!?
- I’ll never turn down a chance to see my buddy KC, but it’s hard to match our experience a couple years ago in Baton Rouge. Best wedding present ever.
- Why do we see someone get arrested every time we’re at Reliant?? Must be something in the beer!
- I hope I never get to meet Kenny Chesney. I’ve loved him so much for so long and I think the disappointment of realizing I could rest my chin on his little bald head would ruin everything.
- Our friend Kyle always adds a little fun to the party, but his cowboy alter ego “Hank” makes for a guaranteed good time.
- My husband thinks it’s the coolest thing ever when Kenny sings the line “right there on that Lambda Chi porch”.
- This was the first Kenny concert I’ve been to in years where Uncle Kracker didn’t come out for a few songs and almost stumble off the stage. I have to say I didn’t really miss him!
- I will never get tired of songs like “I Go Back” and “Back Where I Come From”. Ever.
So our last concert (for awhile) was a great one. Hopefully we can squeeze in a few more date nights over the next couple of weeks 🙂