A weekend recap on Tuesday? I’m kind of impressing myself right now!
Blogging (and keeping up on blogs!) has been such a challenge for me lately as my computer is still on life support–she’s barely hanging on, folks. Bad news is that we couldn’t recover anything off of the hard-drive (thankfully I had all of our pictures on an external drive and Flickr)….good news is that we can buy and install a hard drive on our own for a pretty reasonable price. So now I’m just waiting on my tech guy (aka Chris) to perform the surgery and get the ol’ girl up and running again. Until then I’m working with my ancient Dell Latitude (complete with Windows XP!!!) that I passed down to my mom…and ironically, she has now passed back to me. It’s not the fastest thing in the world (maybe the slowest, actually) but it has a keyboard and internet access…so I’m not complaining!
We had some special visitors over the weekend–Chris’ mom and aunt came down to hang out and spend a few days with us! Okay, let’s be honest…people only come to visit Arden anymore, but that’s okay 🙂
She had such a good time with Grandma and Missy, and I think they may have enjoyed her company as well!
1. My apple-crisp-making assistant. She loved it for a whole 30 seconds!!
2. On Friday, my friend Chelsea welcomed her second little girl to the world–sweet Kendall Grace! She is beyond perfect!
3. I can hardly remember Arden being this small! Chelsea–I will come over and hold Kendall ALL day whenever you need a break 🙂
4. My little cheerleader watching YouTube videos with Daddy before the game. Chris (and his creepy mustache) wanted me to tell everyone they were watching football highlights…
5. Arden & Grandma–ready for the Cats!!
6. Grandpa sent a gift for Arden since he couldn’t be here…her very first John Deere tractor. She’s a fan!
7. So that’s what is under the cheerleading uniform…
8. Fun at the park with Grandma. Climb up the stairs…go down the slide…repeat!
9. After Arden went down on Sunday night, Chris and I did something totally unheard of these days…we went to a movie. A movie!!! We checked out a theater that recently opened near us–and oh my gosh–it was amazing! It had a bowling alley, a bar, a sushi place, and my favorite–fro yo. We saw Captain Phillips, which was really good too…so it was a great night all around! We’ll definitely be going back soon…uhh, next time have babysitters in town 😉
Thanks for visiting, Mel & Miss!!! We can’t wait to see you again soon!