Length: 27 inches
Head Circumference: 17.5 inches
Milestones this month:
- Introducing more solids. You love peaches, prunes and avocados…and most recently, you’ve become a big fan of yogurt melts. I’m not gonna lie, they’re pretty good! I usually eat half of each piece and give you the other half…you know, so you don’t choke or anything 😉
- Drinking from a sippy cup. You still don’t need a lot of water, but you take a few sips during each meal. It was amazing to see you pick up the cup and drink from the straw on your own for the first time!
- You found your hands. I love catching you holding them up and staring at them.
- Putting your pacifier in at night. I was in absolute shock the first time I watched you on the monitor as you searched around for your pacifier, popped it in your mouth, and went back to sleep. It’s a pretty awesome trick if you ask me!
- Sitting in shopping carts and high chairs. This new view makes errands and dinners out so much fun! You love hamming it up for strangers and I’d be lying if I didn’t love hearing them gush over you. The best was the 3 little old ladies sitting on a bench at Wal-Mart, blowing you kisses 🙂
- Wearing 9 month and 6-12 month clothes. Didn’t you just graduate from newborn stuff a few days ago??
Things you like this month:
- Sleeping on your tummy. We had one bad week where you would roll over in your sleep and wake up every time…but eventually you realized that it’s okay (and actually pretty comfortable) to sleep on your stomach.
- Babbling in your crib. I let you play in your crib for a little bit each morning because it sounds like you’re having the best time ever. Every morning it’s like you’re practicing a new sound. Yesterday? Mariah Carey…you can hit some pretty high notes, girl 🙂
- Your jumperoo. You bounce like a wild woman!
- Hazel. Duh.
- Swinging. Papa put a swing in on the back porch and you’re loving it!
- “Going crazy”. You are such a ham–always shaking your head back and forth, trying to get a reaction from us. It always works too!
Things you don’t like this month:
- Sitting still for diaper changes. I’ve been seeing a lot of those dimply cheeks lately! And one time I had you sitting up to clean your back off (it was one heck of a blowout), and somehow you managed to take a decorative plate off the wall and hold it above your head. Oh my! Are you telling me it’s time to baby proof?
- Getting in your car seat. Strapping you in is almost impossible now because you like to wrap your legs around my arm. It’s like some kind of MMA move!
- Green beans. I can’t say that I blame you!!!
Special memories this month:
- A visit from Grandma and Grandpa Calcara. We shopped, ate and celebrated their anniversary!
- Dad’s first trip away from you. Two and a half weeks is too long…he misses you so much! I can’t wait to see your reaction when he gets home 🙂
- Gigi and Papa came down to help out. We put Papa to work and did girl stuff with Gigi!
- Your first trip to the nail salon. You sat on our laps and did such a good job. Once I track down some “piggy paint” you can get a pedicure too!
- Not exactly “special,” but you had your first case of hives. We never did figure out what caused it–the doctor said it could’ve just been something in the air. All I know is that I’m glad Gigi was here when it happened…they were scary looking and I definitely would’ve panicked (more) had I been on my own.
You are changing SO much, SO fast…it’s just incredible! You have the funniest little personality and I can’t wait to see even more of it as time goes on.
I thank God for you every single day, little girl. You are the most amazing gift!
|These photo shoots are proving to be more difficult lately 🙂|