Why do the weekends go by so fast?! And why can’t every day be the weekend? As you can tell, I’m doing some deep thinking on this Monday 😉
We had a fun little weekend hanging out with friends, working on craft projects, and crying over chewed-on cribs. Okay, so I could’ve done without the last one…but more on that later.
Here’s a look at our weekend via my iPhone…
1. Arden has joined me in my green smoothie obsession. After letting her suck half of mine down for a few days, I finally made her one of her own this weekend…and I taught her how to “cheers”. Cross that important life lesson off the list!
2. This little rascal refused her morning naps on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. She didn’t cry or throw a fit, she mostly just sang and babbled in her crib for an hour each day. It’s hard to be mad at her when she protests so happily! I’m thinking (aka HOPING) it’s just a phase, as I’m not sure I’m ready for her to give up that morning nap just yet. We’ve been following the Mom’s on Call schedule since she was about 3 months old and they tell you to drop down to one nap at 18 months…you know, 7 months from now. So we’ll see. Anybody have advice in this area?!
3. My parents were so nice to mail us my old highchair so that we could paint it for Arden’s pictures and birthday party. And yes, that’s a Gateway computer box circa 1995. I’m sure the UPS man was confused!
4. I went to yoga on Saturday morning while Chris stayed home with Arden, who was supposed to be napping. Instead however, she was awake, silently gnawing on her crib. Chris filled me in on the damage when I got out of the gym…I cried and went to Hobby Lobby. I mean, what would you do?! Turns out she didn’t ruin anything–just scraped some of the finish off in a few places, which I’m hoping can be touched up. Everyone warned me that this would happen and I really thought I was on top of things…but it turns out I ordered a rail-guard just a couple days too late. Until it arrives later today, this is my temporary fix…lovely, right?
5. Arden got her first mullet trim on Saturday! Nothin’ fancy…just a little over-the-kitchen-sink action. A friend asked me if I saved some of the hair for her baby book…whoops. #momfail
6. We visited the much anticipated World of Beer on Saturday with some friends and their babies. It was HOT but still a good time! As the dads were trying “just one more beer”, we took the kiddos over to a grassy area to get down and crawl around. Clearly Arden did not get the memo about the race…she’s more into posing I guess 🙂
7. We ordered some pizza while at WOB…turns out she’s a meat lover.
8. Throughout the weekend I added coat after coat of Catalina Mist to my old highchair. The color is gorgeous and I’m SO happy with the finished product. It’s ready for a tea party!!!
9. Sunday afternoon we went to a BBQ at Meagan and Cody’s house–it was such a great time for us and the babies! They were all so independent, just crawling and running all over the place…we should’ve known that a picture of all 5 would be impossible! I love Addison in the back doing her “touchdown!” trick! We’re so thankful for our little Katy family 🙂
Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!
Rachael Berch says
Oy. The two naps to one was hard for me ro swallow but ended up being so worth it. G started refusing his afternoon nap and after a week of it I bit the bullet and went to one. He was 14 months. It made it so much easier to get stuff done in the AM and he slept longer in the afternoon so it was a win win. Now we ate back to balancing more naps with S and I feel stuck at the house!
love that your girl likes green smoothies… and now knows how to "cheers" 😉 so cute!
hello erin says
Can't wait to see that high chair!! And crib chewing?! Naughty girl!! I bet the no am nap is just a stage! We went through it too- but lex dropped her morning nap like 3 months later (I promise the one nap a day is amazing- I love activities in the morning followed by a sweet 3 hour nap!)… Hang in there. More pizza and beer will help!
the girl in the red shoes says
Oh my gosh…the crib chewing is crazy! I love your temporary fix! And yay for cute vintage high chairs! Yours looks adorable!
Sara Holt says
Love that you're using your old high chair! I love little personal touches like that (:
I'm so jealous of Arden's hair! I wish James had some!
Everyone's baby is getting a hair cut this week! I am still in denial that Mac is old enough to get one. I can't stomach the thought of cutting those curls yet.
Love the color you picked for the high chair! That will look fabulous in photos.
Mac dropped down to one nap a day back in January (around 8 months old), so I have zero advice in that department. Sorry! If you figure it out, let me know!
A Wedding Story says
Oh sweet Arden, her little trim is precious. I have yet to touch Avery's hair with scissors, husband refuses and I've accepted it. Oh the crib chewing…not good :/
The Closet Therapist says
Carolina destroyed her crib! Good to see you girls today.
My Max dropped down to 1 nap around 15 months. I tried to fight it, but he'd refuse his afternoon nap so I inched up the morning one until it eventually got to around 12:30/1pm nap time. Sometimes he almost falls asleep in his high chair eating lunch, but he usually sleeps a glorious 3 hours at naptime. It's a change for the best, there is a lot of time to get things done now.
tiffany | monuments and melodies says
Oof! The nap dropping dilemma! My 3yo dropped his a.m. nap ~15mos, & my 17mo old is working on that now!
Ummm…Arden's hair is precious! You can keep a lock of hair at her 1st "official" haircut 😉
The crib gnawing is awesome! Nothing like finding your child's teeth full of paint post-nap! Eck!