I can’t get over how fast this summer seems to be flying by…but I imagine it feels this way because our weekends have been totally cray-cray. We have traveled 3 of the last 4 weekends, and we’ll be gone the next 3 as well. See…craziness…but it’s all fun stuff, so I’m really not complaining.
On Saturday, Arden and I hit the road with my sister, nieces and parents…and we headed to Illinois for one of my cousins’ weddings. It was a fun little “girls trip” (plus Papa)…and we made it home to celebrate Chris on Father’s Day.
Here’s what the weekend looked like, according to my iPhone…
1. Three cute cousins all dressed up and ready for the wedding. Well they were mostly ready for the reception…a.k.a. dancing and cake!
2. Arden took her “noisemaking” quite seriously. So seriously that we had to remind her to take breaks so she didn’t pass out.
3. We definitely missed Chris & Nash, but it really was sweet to take this little trip with my best girl. She was a great wedding date!
4. Case in point: she owned the dance floor. Seriously, we couldn’t get her off! She whipped and nae naed, did her recital dance to Rockin’ Robin, and requested Sam Hunt’s “house party” and sang every word. She is for sure my child!
5. I don’t know if it was the late night, or the comfy hotel bed, but this little party girl did not want to wake up on Sunday. I wish I could’ve let her sleep, but we needed to get back to KC to celebrate her daddio.
6. Lucky Chris got some Sanuk flip flops, sphere ice molds (haha), and this new Royal’s flag for Father’s Day. Plus some toenail rubs from Nash in the morning. (You don’t even want to know!!)
7. I thought I was being all smart by planning Chris’ Father’s Day day meal out at 3:30pm. I figured we could get in anywhere, because who eats at 3 in the afternoon?!? Well apparently everyone does on Father’s Day. When the BBQ place I had planned on taking him to didn’t work out, we tried a few other options…all packed. That’s what led us to Olive Garden. I haven’t been to Olive Garden in probably 10 years…and let’s just say I don’t think I need to go back for at least 10 more. Anyway, not exactly the hip and fun meal out I was planning…but at least we had fun snapping sweet pics like this of the kids. Even Nash belly laughed when he saw himself in glasses and braces!
8. After our meal didn’t work out how I’d hoped it would, and we found out that Finding Dory was sold out, Chris suggested we go and buy the new Star Wars dvd and take it home. I may not be a Star Wars fan, but since it was his day, I sucked it up. The kids thought it was fun to lay in their sleeping bags and watch…for at least 5 minutes.
9. We ended the night with an “elephant ride” and more Star Wars after the kids went to bed. Kind of like Olive Garden, I think I’m good on those movies for a long long time. Ha!
Even though the day didn’t go off without a hitch (or 10!), I hope Chris felt loved and celebrated. He really is the greatest dad to our kids and he loves us so well. We’d be lost without him…
Hope you all had a great weekend celebrating the special dads in your lives!