Who decided that there should be 5 weekdays and 2 weekend days? Can we petition to change that to 4/3? I just feel like that’s a much more reasonable ratio, don’t you? Even though I don’t work outside the home, the weekends that we all spend together are still the best…and they just go by too darn fast. This was one was no exception…
1. This girl and her art skillz these days. She wants to spend every free minute coloring…and I continue to be amazed with her masterpieces. I can’t believe how quickly we went from toddler scribbles to “red hawks”!!
2. So 5 of my 9 pictures are about the new Pink Antlers Studio. I might be a little obsessed. Some sweet friends of mine are opening this amazing store in Park Place and it was so fun to get a sneak peek at their Sip & See on Friday night. Just knowing this family, I assumed the store would be gorgeous…but oh my gosh, I was blown away!
3. Pink Antlers Studio is a paper, party and gift store that also offers DIY craft workshops and private classes. The grand opening is this Friday–and I have a feeling they’re going to have a hard time keeping this baby stuff on the shelves. Especially this sweet blanket!!!
4. Really pretty party goods have my heart. That’s all.
5. You know what also has my heart? Rifle Paper Co. anything. Which, speaking of…did you hear they now have fabric?!?
6. Okay, last one. I just loved every last thing in the store. We’re going to miss the grand opening this weekend, but I can’t wait to get back there in the next couple weeks and do some shopping! If you’re in KC, you must check it out! PS: This isn’t sponsored…I’m just creepy obsessed 😉
7. Saturday morning was full of to-dos around the house, so I really wanted to do something fun and out of the ordinary with the kids in the afternoon. And what better activity for a hot day than the good ol’ bowling alley?? There are nicer bowling alleys in our area, but there’s something about this musty, old-school one that I just love. I also love these cankles that were stuffed into toddler 6 bowling shoes!!
8. Arden danced better than she bowled, but she really didn’t care as long as she knocked down at least 1 pin each time. A fairly simple task when you have bumpers 😉 Also, apparently she knows how to “dab” now…and she broke that out several times for celebratory purposes.
9. One of my to-do’s for Saturday’s nap time was to build a fairy garden for Arden’s birthday present. I’ve mentioned before that she’s fairy obsessed–and she LOVES the fairy garden that my mother-in-law made at their house…so I knew she would be thrilled with a garden of her own. Last week my mom helped me pick up tiny little fairy supplies and I crossed my fingers that I’d be able to make something cute out of it all. I ended up using a burlap box from Hobby Lobby, and no real plants…because I wanted it to be something that she could keep in her room all year round and play with whenever she wanted. And let’s be honest, I have managed to kill even the “unkillable” succulents before. Anyyyyway, I love the way it turned out…and I can hardly wait to see her face when we give it to her this weekend!
We finished off the weekend with church, naps, and an evening out with our small group. I played bocce for the first time–and turned out to be a much better player than my husband. In case you were wondering 😉
Hope you all had a fabulous weekend!!
What a perfect weekend! Cam always breaks out his dance moves at the bowling alley too. Last time we bowled he got a strike, which was amazing! Love the fairy garden. Arden is going to love it.
GIRL! I am with you! Let’s petition! 🙂
That store sounds great, I’ll have to check it out!
Mackenzie Oakley says
What?! That fairy garden is amazing! She’ll love it!
I would sign that petition in a heartbeat! Adorable pictures and sounds like a great weekend!
Lindsay @ Lindsay's Sweet World says
Amen to the 4/3 ratio, sister! I mean, who invented the 5 day work week anyway?!
Arden dabbing hahahahaha. So good. Looks like a great weekend!
Sounds like a pretty great weekend! I second the 4/3 ratio for weekends!!
Lindsay T. says
Umm, can you please do a DIY tutorial post on that Fairy Garden? I L-O-V-E it and I know Stella would too (and let’s face it, even if she didn’t, I would be the playing with it!). Also, I feel so much better knowing you have killed of your succulents. Mine are so sad.
Laura Keenan says
I’ totally impressed with that red hawk! Lately, Liam wants to color in my adult coloring book, so we spend Finn’s Naptime doing that. It’s the best!
chelsea jacobs says
They have FABRIC?! Swoon.
Adding Pink Antler Studio to the list of must-see/do while in KC! What a gorgeous little shop!
And oh my gosh, that fairy house is so sweet!!