Sometimes at the end of the week I like to scan through the pictures on my phone and see a little summary of what we’ve been up to. I mean, I can remember what we did (my pregnancy brain isn’t that bad yet!) but it just means so much more to SEE it all again. Which brings me to my next point…how did we live before camera phones?!?
Here are a few pics that sum up the past couple of weeks in our casa…
1. Hello Fall!! These cooler temps have been glorious…especially when they mean cozying up on the porch on Saturday mornings! (Too bad the cuddles only lasted long enough for this picture!!)
2. Speaking of cooler weather…I took advantage of the awesome Labor Day sales to stock up on Fall/Winter gear for Arden. Now I’m just hoping she likes horses, camo and floral…because once I got home I realized that was all I bought. Whoops!
3. We celebrated Papa’s birthday last Monday with none other than Chinese takeout. The man is easy to please!!
4. Arden took birthday treats to MDO a couple of weeks ago, so when I picked her up I asked her if she shared them with her friends. She told me they sang happy birthday to her and that she wore a hat. I figured she was just making up the hat part, until I got this picture in her backpack last week!!! She wasn’t kidding after all!!!
5. Arden started dance! She seemed to really enjoy it…almost as much as she enjoyed the leotard and ballet shoes 😉 She walked around the house all week saying “I’m a ballaweena”.
6. Walking into the first class with her little friend Evie! Evie’s mom is one of my best high school friends, who I danced with for years–so this was extra special!
7. I’m sure Chris would’ve rather been watching Gameday, but instead he spent 20 minutes of his Saturday morning reading Frozen. What a guy 🙂
8. Here’s a sneak-peak of our new headboard–straight from my in-laws’ farm! It’s stained and hung–now we just need a new king-sized bed and a few accessories. I’ll share before and after pics soon!
9. This is exactly why we moved back to Kansas. Saturday night pizza on the porch with cousins 🙂 Although Arden didn’t leave much room for food after she sucked down a cup of lemonade in 8 seconds flat. Perks of being the youngest cousin–you get to do what the big kids do!
Happy Monday, friends! Hope it’s a great one!!!
Brettni @ Bringing Up Brumfields says
My two-year-old daughter, Delta Mae, just started dance classes too. Seeing those Little Ladies in their Ballet Pink is the CUTEST! I'm so glad Arden likes being a ballerina. 🙂
Sara Holt says
Looks like the perfect days to me! Can't wait to see that headboard (:
THAT HEADBOARD! Love, love, love it! And ballerina Arden and her little friend melt my heart.
shut up with that headboard! I thought it might be a sliding door for something, but a headboard–LOVE
Oh that's going to be an awesome headboard! I thought maybe you were doing one of those sliding barn doors! We're actually planning to do one in the new house. Can't wait to see the final headboard!
Oh girl. That headboard. Absolutely gorgeous!
hello erin says
THAT HEADBOARD!!! and arden as a ballerina?! i die. seriously, she's the best!!!!
Courtney [Sweet Turtle Soup] says
I love this all!!! Yes, exactly…what did people do without camera phones?! I love the cuddles and cousin pizza and the new headboard…awesome.
Leslie Lukens Martin says
That headboard…I die! Cannot wait to see it all put together! And I think I'll say this every time I see anything related to your FABULOUS porch…I'm insanely jealous!