So here I sit trying to recap our Valentine’s Day, but I just can’t get anything written…because I’m glued to “The Bachelor at 20” and
crying smiling through Jade & Tanner’s wedding. Anyone else?!?! Ohhhh…why am I so invested in this darn reality show?!? And what will I ever do if it ends? It’s probably better not to think about that.
Anyway…Valentine’s Day 🙂
We didn’t go over the top. No crazy presents or heart-shaped food like years past…but it was still a great day with the little family that I love so much.
1. So this picture was actually from Arden’s dance class on Friday…not technically Valentine’s Day, but a great way to kick off the weekend nonetheless! Chris took the day off and she was so excited to have him there watching her do her thing in her Elsa tutu 😉
2. I got each of the kiddos small gifts for Valentine’s Day, but I realized Saturday night that I’d ordered the wrong toy for Nash. Oops! So the poor guy got a few chocolates and a light-up bouncy ball. He had to have been wondering why Arden kept pulling things out of her bag! Sorry Nash, I promise I’ll make up for it next year! Arden did love her bead set though, and I’m super excited about this devotional for preschoolers. By the way, Chris and I just got each other cards. Please tell me we’re not the only lame-os that don’t really do Valentines Day?!
3. I guess Arden felt bad after opening her presents because she started frantically making Valentine’s and rummaging around the house for “gifts” for us. I loved my remote and my paper plate! How did she know that’s exactly what I wanted?!?
4. When I saw Sarah that afternoon she sent me home with a Valentine for Arden. Cue the V-Day procrastination again–she got out the art supplies and started crafting something for Brantley. It was so nice outside that we decided to go for a walk (or drive in the kids’ case) and let Arden hand deliver her card.
5. The delivery went flawlessly (ha!) and it turns out that the card was just a piece of paper with a few Minnie Mouse stickers on it. It’s the thought that counts, right?! Love these two!
6. And just because I love a good, post-bath, baby pic. He is my chubbiest Valentine, that’s for sure 🙂
Hope your day was full of love too!
Arden is so cute trying to find gifts for you guys. Sweet girl! Sounds like it was a great day. I had made the beer gift for Drew, but otherwise we just did cards and I’m okay with that. 🙂
Arden looks so adorable in her tutu! I can’t wait for ballet days in the future 🙂 How old was she when you started her in ballet classes? P.S. I know, what would happen if they canceled the Bachelor. I may cry lol!
I am the same way with the Bachelor- I kept thinking how sad I would be if the Bachelor ended…haha, probably shouldn’t admit to that, huh?
We’re not into the “romantic” part of Valentines but it is sweet with kids with little goodies and treats! ? Sounds like you guys had a fun weekend!
Perfect little Valentine’s weekend! And you’re not alone – Scott and I exchange cards and call it a day.
That devotional! I have it saved on Amazon. It will be perfect in Marcus’ Easter basket!
Like any other Holiday now, we focus more on the kids. I didn’t even get Dan a card. Wife-fail. Looks like you had a great weekend!
Laura Keenan says
Sounds like a lovely weekend! And Arden in that tutu is sooo adorable!!!
Little girls in tutus is just the best thing ever!!! Love the pictures!
That picture of her at dance class is a keeper! And, so is the one of Nash after bath time. So dang sweet! Love the Valentine’s treats and Arden’s attempt to make you guys something!
Girl, I was SUCKED into the Bachelor 20 as well! Therefore, I didn’t even get a post up today. Oops. But it was SO GOOD!
Caitlin Elizabeth @ This Brunette Life says
Looks like a great weekend, your kids are adorable! I didn’t watch the wedding on Sunday but I am planning on it sometime this week. I’m totally hooked on the Bachelor franchise as well!
Oh my gosh, Arden in her little dance outfit – too cute! The Bachelor 20 was ah-mazing and I just can never seen the show ending – what would we do! I read an article today that Chris Harrison signed on for five more years so I guess we’re good to go at least for a little bit!