Christmas last year was pretty wonderful. We had just found out that I was pregnant and we were dreaming of Christmas 2012 where we’d be able to celebrate with our new baby. And with our little miracle here, it was even better than I could’ve expected.
We drove from Houston to Great Bend, to Pratt, to Kansas City, and back to Houston. We spent quality time with friends and family–and just soaked up the holiday season.
Arden’s first Christmas was one to remember…and something tells me that next year will be even better when she’s toddling around, opening up gifts, and licking the icing off of Christmas cookies.
Just like years past, I took a few pictures… 🙂
1. Papa and Arden in their Christmas Story gear
2. Someone fell asleep at dinner with the Pi Phis
3. Christmas Eve in her leg lamp onesie!
4. Our first family Christmas picture 🙂
5. Maren and her mini-me
6. Ear infection, what ear infection? Our first trip to an after-hours pediatrician and Arden was as happy as can be
7. Lunch with my favorite kindergartener!
8. 4 months old!
9. Arden hanging out in my beanie baby collection at Gigi & Papas. Clearly I had a problem…
10. Dinner at Austin’s with Gigi
11. Just hanging out at Grandma & Grandpas
12. Arden’s first Delgados experience. Her dad has been waiting for this day for a long time!
13. Heading to the Page Christmas in her Santa gear
14. Hanging out with Evie and Auntie Heather. Jenni and I decided that Heather needs to have twins…
15. Our first night out since Arden was born. I got to hang out with Whitney and see the cats win!
16. Arden in her comfy clothes, getting ready for another car ride.
And then a couple more…
|“Christmas morning” in GB with Dad and Uncle T.
|Christmas on the farm! Chris and Arden were both rocking the bed head. Mine wasn’t much better 🙂
|Page Family Christmas in Pratt! Believe it or not, there were quite a few people who couldn’t make it.
|Arden’s great-aunt Missy 🙂
|Decorating Christmas cookies. Let’s just say they were generous with the frosting…
|Daddy and Arden in their stripes
|Will liked the eating part better than the decorating part.
|Maren and Norah reading a book to baby Arden.
|Hazel loves the kiddie picnic table…it’s just her size.
|Four-month outtake. I love those rolls…
|Just hanging out with Aunt Melissa, waiting for her Christmas outfit to dry 🙂
|Everybody loves Hazel!
|An early Christmas gift for Papa…
|I guess he liked it 🙂
|The best Christmas present…EVER.
|Norah and Hazel baby.
|Craft time. Making candy cane bird-feeders.
|Our first Christmas Eve together!
|She loves her Gigi…
|And that crazy Papa.
|One front tooth down, and the other one came out on Christmas day!
|Luke, Will, Norah, Maren and Arden. I’ve been waiting all year for this picture 🙂
|The Gowers, Carters and Calcaras. Love this gang!
|Gigi, Papa and the grandkids
|And my favorite outtake…Arden has Norah by the hair! The look on Maren’s face might even be better 🙂
|Surrounded by presents
|One cute fireman.
|Luke takes his job VERY seriously.
|Arden will be traveling in style. She even got a matching duffle bag from Gma and Gpa!
|Santa came! I’m not sure Arden asked for a sleep sack, but he threw that in anyway…
|PJs are on for her first Christmas morning!
|Luke got a bike! But where are the pedals? 🙂
|Checking out her presents from Santa.
So another wonderful holiday season is in the books. I am so thankful for the many blessings that 2012 has brought…it’s truly been the best year of our lives 🙂 If 2013 is half as much fun, we’re in for a treat!
Happy New Year!!!