“No mom, I will NOT smile for you.”
Length: 23.25 inches
Weight: 12lbs 10oz (according to our home scale, so it’s hard to say really)
Head Circumference: 15.5 inches
Milestones This Month:
- You continue to be a non-stop chatterbox…and that growl of yours makes us laugh every time. Therefore, there’s a lot of laughing in our house throughout the day.
- You’re grabbing things and putting them in your mouth. The Sophie teething ring, your bear, a blanket…pretty much anything within reach ends up in your mouth.
- You’re still sleeping through the night–although daylight savings time messed you up for a couple weeks. We had a lot of 5am mornings, but now you’re back to waking up between 6 and 7. Your parents thank you for that 🙂
- It took me awhile to get this going, but you’re now on the “Eat, Play, Sleep” routine and wow, what a difference it has made. We both know what to expect, and it has helped us stretch out the time between feedings to 2.5-3 hours. I’m sure that sounds like nothing to some people, but to us it’s huge!
- You’ve started to notice that little white dog that’s always around. She’ll sniff your diaper or lick your face (if I’m not quick enough to intercept)…and now you’re watching her as she walks around you. I can’t wait to watch as your friendship develops. You will love Hazel…everyone does.
- Real giggles from you are the highlight of my day.
- At the end of October you graduated to size 1 diapers…and just a few days ago we had to break out the large swaddles. Growing like a weed!
Things You Like This Month:
- Story time. It amazes me how interested you are in books at this age. Even at night, once you’ve been bathed and swaddled and ready to eat…you will settle down to listen to every word in the book.
- Looking at yourself in the mirror. You hang out in the bouncer while I shower and I’m constantly wiping off the shower glass to look out at you. 8 times out of 10 you’re smiling at yourself in the mirror 🙂
- Your car seat cell phone toy. Who knew a stuffed cell phone that makes a few different noises could entertain a baby for so long. I joke that those sounds will be the only thing we hear on the road trip to Kansas this Christmas. Hey, whatever makes you happy!
- Spitting out your pacifier in the middle of the night. I was lucky enough to witness this at 2am one morning. I rolled over, turned on the video on the monitor and bam–you hocked that pacifier over the side of the crib. If there’s still a Watermelon Bust by the time you get to college you better enter that seed spitting contest…
- Taking nursing breaks to stop and smile at me. It might slow down the whole process, but who cares–I live for those smiles.
- Pulling my hair. Ouch!
Things You Don’t Like This Month:
- Car rides. If we’re in the car and you’re not sleeping–chances are you’re crying. I sure hope this is something you grow out of. Preferably before our 11-hour Christmas roadtrip, okay? 🙂
- Saline spray. I can’t blame you though…no one likes that stuff running down their throat.
- 7:30 – 8:00pm. You really make us work to keep you happy during this time…then we start your bath and it’s instant happiness.
- Long naps. 25 minutes is the average…40 minutes is my lucky day. We just ordered a blackout curtain to see if that makes a difference.
Special Memories From This Month:
- Your first K-State football game…followed by your first K-State loss. We’re blaming it on the Sports Illustrated curse, which by the way, you have your very own copy of in your baby box. The other copy might be used to get our bonfire going this weekend…
- Taking your 3 month pictures. You were a total ham and growled throughout most of the session. Between your growling and Hazel’s bird-watching, we’ll see if we got any good family shots for our Christmas card! How do people do this with multiple children??
- Luke and Gigi’s birthday parties. We had a blast!
- Your first Halloween. Like I said, you will have an awesome costume next year…promise!
Happy 3 months to the sweetest baby I know!