I remember coming home from the hospital with you and thinking, wow, I have 14 weeks to do nothing but love and care for this little baby. December 3rd seemed so far away. But now here we are, at the end of my maternity leave and I feel like it all happened in the blink of an eye. I am not ready for Monday–not one bit. But for now I’m going to make every minute of our last full week together count. Which is why this post is going to be a little picture-heavy. The text portion will only be as long as your nap–and in your world, that’s usually pretty short 🙂
Here are a few “notes” from the week:
- You rolled over on Saturday! I was fixing an ornament on the tree and Gigi was on the floor playing with you while you did tummy time. Next thing I knew you were on your back! Since then you’ve done it once a day…but never when I have my video camera out 🙂
- You laughed a lot for your grandmas…like more than you’ve laughed for me in your entire life. You better believe it’s been my life’s mission to get the giggles out of you ever since…
- You went to your first brewery on Saturday. You slept through most of the tasting and your dad told stories about me falling asleep in Aggieville. It only happened once, okay.
- I think you woke up on Friday and decided, “I’m going to eat faster today”. Typically feedings were taking anywhere between 30 and 40 minutes (I know, I know)…and now you’ve done 20 minutes or less for a week straight. Your mother loves you for this!
- You found your feet. Gigi introduced you to them one day and you’ve hardly let go since. It sure makes diaper changes easy!
- We have a new game. You cough…I cough…we laugh. We’re easily entertained 🙂
- Gigi and Papa gave you a prayer lamb for your baptism. I was so excited to add it to your bedtime routine on Tuesday…so after we read a book, I put the lamb on your lap and gave him a squeeze. As soon as you heard the little voice say, “Now I lay me down to sleep…” you grinned from ear to ear. Totally made my day/week/month. It’s amazing to watch you make sense of the world around you!
And now, the week in pictures (minus your baptism)…
|Thanksgiving in a box! Yes, I pulled the “I have a baby, I don’t have time to cook” card. The good news is, it was GREAT…not to mention much better than anything I could’ve cooked.
|Uncle Taylor is getting pretty good at this baby holding thing.
|While the grandmas were “preparing” the meal, I fed you and stared at you for a long time. Thankful has a whole new meaning 🙂
|Hazel in a turkey coma. I think she believes you automatically get attention if you lay on this blanket.
|Friday was all about Christmas decor. I feel like I’ve been waiting my whole life to order your PB Kids stocking 🙂
|Your first Christmas tree and ornament!
|And the family tree. You love the lights!
|Making a hand print ornament. It took a few tries 🙂
|Yes, Hazel is reading a book.
|All dressed up for a shopping day. Love those chubby legs.
|You were quite the spectacle at Target on Wednesday…in a good way 🙂 I told Gigi she needs her own Etsy shop!
|Goodbye size 1 diapers…they didn’t last long! Can you say piglet?
|Doesn’t everyone wear pearls, skinny jeans and Mary Janes to Wal-Mart?
|Hazel clearly doesn’t trust us to give you a bath. Just making sure those feet are squeaky clean 🙂
So there you have it–another great week in the books. Week 15 should be interesting…if I survive, that is.
Love you more and more every day,