Weight: 15-16 lbs?
Head Circumference: 16.5″
Milestones This Month:
- Sitting up with assistance. In the boppy, on the couch or on my lap–you’re rocking it and I think you love the new point of view. We’re guessing it’ll only be a couple more weeks before you’re doing it all by yourself!
- Exersaucer time. I love watching you master new toys–it’s just amazing. You’re feeling more comfortable in the exersaucer and every few days you discover something new you can do in it. It’s also great because it allows me some time to make dinner (which I’m proud to say is happening pretty regularly these days!)
- Sleeping sans Nap Nanny and swaddle for both naps and nighttime. I was dreading this transition, but clearly you weren’t–you were ready. Now you spend some time before and after naps just babbling in your crib. It’s more fun when you’re not in a straight-jacket, I suppose! Oh and you’re back to sleeping from about 7pm-7am. Bless you, child 🙂
- We think you recognize your name. At least when we list off names you turn your head to Arden and not to Bubba, Rocky or Bill. Maybe that quiz was too easy??
- Although there’s no way to be sure, I think you may be entering the teething zone. (Of course now that I said that you won’t get your first tooth til you’re like a year old). Basically your gums just look swollen and bubbly and you’re constantly chewing on your toys, fingers, toes–pretty much anything you can get in there. You had a very fussy day last weekend so we decided to give you the Hyland’s tablets to see if that might help. Minutes after taking them you fell asleep for 2 hours. We were in shock!!!! I called the Hyland’s hotline to see if that was normal and they explained that there aren’t any sedatives in the tablets, but that you must have finally felt relief, which allowed you to sleep. Poor baby. I’m still not sure if that means you are actually teething (although it sounds like it)…and I guess we won’t know for sure until we see one of those little guys pop through.
- We’re getting ready to move you up to size 3 diapers and you’re wearing all 6 month clothes. Unless we’re talking Gerber onesies–you’re rocking 12 months in those. Seriously, I think their sizing is for baby dolls.
- You’re now a pro at the gym nursery. On Monday I went in to get you and you weren’t even being held…just hanging out in a swing. Oh what a proud moment!
- Rolling over. You’re taking your time to master this, but we’ve seen you do it 3 or 4 more times this month.
Things You Like This Month:
- Being sung to. You light up when your dad sings “Who’s that baby…lovely baby“.
- Talking! Your little infant cooing has turned into very distinct “blah, blah, blahs”. It’s the cutest sound on earth and it also makes you quite the spectacle in public. People love to stop us in stores and listen to you jibber jabber 🙂
- The Baby Bjorn. You love looking out at the world. This is how we do our grocery shopping now…it’s more fun for you and way easier for me. Strategically piling groceries around a car seat is harder than you might think.
- My blue cup. Every time I take a drink of water from my insulated cup, you stop eating and reach out to touch it. I think it’s the beginning of the “I’m going to grab everything you have in your hands” phase.
- iPhones. Who needs toys when you have this cool little box that plays videos, displays pictures and also serves as a mirror? You love looking at yourself, girl.
- Hazel. I’m pretty sure she’s going to make the list from here on out 🙂
- Sleeping on your side. Sometimes I’ll lay you down and you roll immediately on your side and snuggle up with your bear. You are such a little person!!
Things You Don’t Like This Month:
- Still hating those car rides. Surely this has to get easier at some point?!? Yesterday you cried all the way to the zoo and all the way home…I’m pretty sure my friend Lindsey and her little one couldn’t wait to get out of that car! I’m almost used to it by now, but I still hate to hear you get that worked up.
- Being kept up past your bedtime. 6:15 rolls around and I swear you know it’s time for your bath. I hope that we can push this back eventually…to give you a little more time with your dad and also to maybe go out to eat occasionally like real people 🙂
Special Memories From This Month:
- Your first trip to the zoo! We went with 4 of your little friends and had a great time. More to come on that trip…
- A special visit from your boyfriend, Charlie…and his parents too 🙂 It was so much fun!
These months have flown by, but I can honestly say we’ve enjoyed every single day. You make life better than I could’ve ever expected 🙂