Oh hey there, Monday.
First thing’s first…we have a Stella & Dot giveaway winner!
Congratulations to Mateya from The Best is Yet to Come!!! She’s due any day (or a few days ago!) with baby #2, so I hope the excitement of winning these green beauties will send her into labor! Or at least make her smile 😉
A HUGE thanks to everyone who participated in the giveaway and to Janelle & Shannyn for making it possible! Just a reminder that the trunk show is still open, so head on over there if you’re in the market for some pretty jewels! Also, if you’re like me and a sucker for anything monogrammed, check out their new engravables line. So so cute!!!!
In other news, we had quite a weekend! It started on Thursday…isn’t that the best kind? 🙂
1. “Hey Mom…what’s for dinner?” 🙂
2. We have countertops AND lights! Rumor has it that we’ll be closing at the end of next week, but there’s still a lot of work to be done. I’ll believe it when I have the key in my hand!!!
3. My nephew Luke was in town for the weekend, so we kicked off his visit with a trip to the pool. When I took this picture all I could think was that this was precisely the reason we moved home! Cousins!!!
4. Goggle girl 🙂
5. Get ready for this…Chris and I went on a date! We pretended we were back in Houston for the night and enjoyed a little Texas country. The Josh Abbott Band and Randy Rogers Band were as good as ever…and I only got teary-eyed twice listening to them sing about the state I miss so much 😉
6. On Friday we took all the kiddos to a Dinosaur exhibit at a local museum. The content was a little old for Arden, but she still had a great time with her cousins. They went digging for fossils, examined shells with magnifying glasses…even pet a hissing cockroach. Arden of course called it a ladybug. Ha!
7. An evening Gator ride with Luke!
8. The cousin fun continued on Saturday with some fishing. Arden caught her first fish within a couple minutes…and it’s a good thing, because she was pretty much over it after that. Apparently it’s just too hard for her to be that close to the water and not able to get in and swim!!
9. This is what happens when your dad does your hair. It could’ve been worse, I suppose?!?
Hope you all had a wonderful weekend, as well!!!
Sara Holt says
So glad you guys had a good weekend! I'm in love with the kitchen lights!
I'm so excited about the earrings, thank you! Looks like a great weekend!
Colleen Sullivan says
What a great weekend! Keeping my fingers crossed they finish and you get your keys 🙂
What a fun weekend! Great being close to all those cousins! Dad actually didn't do too bad on the ponytail, it's so funny to see guys try to do their little girl's hair, love it! How exciting that your house is getting so close to being done! Get out there every day and kick those butts into gear!!!! Might be a great weekend to move, with the cooler temps we are supposed to get!
Desiree Macke says
Swimming, cockroaches (ew), a gator ride (!), and a date?!
You had the best weekend ever!
I love all the pictures and yay for one step closer to a HOME!
Ashley @ Words About Waverly says
Cousins are the best!!! And date nights!!! Xo
Courtney [Sweet Turtle Soup] says
No no no to the cockroach. no. Everything else sounds great. btw have you read the 'daisy and josephine' book by melissa gilbert…has a french bull dog in it. I picked it up at the library for Aria and thought of you after we read it.
Sara McCarty says
Love this! Sounds like such a fun weekend. I love the fishing photo and the one with all the cousins at the pool! I need to get on my brothers about having more kids so Mac has some more cousins to play with.