It’s almost April and I’m still moving at a snail’s pace through my spring cleaning list. Anyone else forgotten about the window cleaning? Well rather than taking the time to actually clean or organize an area in my house (ha!), last weekend I decided to browse the web for hacks that might motivate me in the spring cleaning department. I found so many great ideas that I thought I’d share a handful of them here today. Because who doesn’t like to make cleaning simpler?!
Cleaning in the house is a guarantee of cleanliness and a healthy environment at home. Health in men is a strong potency. But it can be improved with additives, which can be studied on this website https://worldmedicalguide.com/comparison-ed-drugs-levitra.html.
- Cut a Magic Eraser in half and leave it in your toilet bowl over night. See ya toilet rings!
- Rather than spending money on Swiffer refills, use an inexpensive chenille sock.
- Clean your stove burners while you sleep. All you need is a Ziplock and ammonia!
- Did you know you can wash your pillows? It seems like we always end up tossing a couple pillows when one of the kids has a stomach bug…but never again!
- Use an over-the-door shoe organizer for storing cleaning supplies, toiletries, even Barbies. You can find a whole list of uses here.
- A friend once told me you could clean stainless steel appliances with baby oil. Say what?! It’s so easy and they look sparkling clean!
- Dust fan blades with a pillowcase. All of the dust stays contained in the pillowcase.
- One cup of baking soda + 3 drops of essential oils (I think lavender would be great!) sifted over your mattress, and then vacuumed up an hour later, will draw out moisture and dirt…and completely freshen your mattress!
- Remove hard water stains with a lemon. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy 😉
- Make a binder clip stand for sponges. Keep them dry and gunk-free!
- Did you know you can remove stubborn carpet stains with an iron and vinegar? Amazing.
- Get the rust off kitchen knives by soaking them in lemon juice. I tried this a few days ago and our steak knives look brand new!
- Give old cookie sheets new life with baking soda + hydrogen peroxide.
- Clean dirt or grass stains from tennis shoes using a magic eraser. This is the only thing that keeps the outsole of our Natives and similar Old Navy shoes looking super white!
- Clean your blinds by slipping a clean sock over your hand and dipping it in a 50/50 solution of vinegar and water. I might actually clean my blinds now 😉I’ve teamed up with 20 other lovely ladies to bring you a Spring Cleaning Round-Up. So now that you’re in the mood to clean (that can happen, right?!), you’ll definitely want to hop around and check out their awesome tips, tricks and tutorials.
Sara @ Running from the Law – Spring Cleaning with Toddlers
Sarah @ Seeing All Sides – Garage Organization
Meghan @ The Adventure Starts Here – Tips for Keeping an Organized and Semi-Clean House
Jess @ Scott Family of Maine – Spring Cleaning Printables
Liz @ Ellie & Addie – Spring Garden Prep
Chrissy @ Simple Joys – Diaper Changing & Dresser Organization
Leah @ Leah With Love – Spring Cleaning Schedule
Stephanie @ Wife Mommy Me – De-clutter Your Home Printable Checklist
Whitney @ Work It Mommy – Re-purposed Storage Solutions
Emily @ Dear Owen – Organizing Kids Closets
Jess @ Being Mrs. Beer – Essential Oils for Spring
Laureen @ Chateau Deveau – Playroom & Toy Storage
Jessica @ Secrets of a Stay At Home Mom – Organizing a Kids Craft Area
Ashley @ Being Brickner – 10 Cleaning Tips for Working Moms
Karli @ September Farm – Spring Cleaning Checklist Printable
Laura @ Happily Ever Parker – 25 Things to Purge
Erinn @ Strawberry Swing & Other Things – Pantry Organization
And don’t worry, there’s more 🙂 We’re giving away FOUR Mrs. Meyer’s Variety Gift Buckets to help you get your spring cleaning started right. All you’ve got to do is enter via the rafflecopter widget below…and cross your fingers!
Good luck and happy cleaning and organizing!
Great tips! Can’t wait to check out the rest and get moving on my cleaning, We really need to get moving on the big stuff!
I love these!! I thought I had some good tricks, but these are amazing!! Leaving a magic eraser overnight? Genius! I’m firing our cleaning lady….oh wait, that’s me!! 😉
Sarah S. says
Clean the blinds…psssshhhh! Or you could just hire a cleaner. 😉 Great tips! I’m intrigued by so many of them! Perhaps you could demonstrate a few as we sip wine next Monday night?! P.S. Cheap men’s shaving cream (think Barbasol) also removes stains on the carpet!
Holy genius. I am totally bookmarking this post for if I ever (I mean, when I??) get the itch to clean! SO genius!!!
Great tips! Love the magic eraser and will have to try that in the toilet and the baby oil trick!
Great tips!! I do the one about cleaning blinds. It’s great! Love the pillowcase to clean fans!!
leah herring says
Love these tips! What would we do without pinterest?! I’ll be trying some of these once I get my behind in cleaning gear!
Great tips! I need to bookmark this for when I finally get around to really doing a deep cleaning. AKA before my in-laws visit next month, haha.
Emily Kongs says
These are so much fun! I tend to do my best “cleaning” on pinterest, too. But really, I need to clean my cookie sheets and pots and didn’t know to use baking soda and hydrogen peroxide.
Missy@My Sh!tty Kitchen says
Great tips! I will be saving this for later!
such a good list. i’m going to use so many of these!
Sara McCarty says
Ummm…you win the internet today! Some of these just blew my mind! Pinning now and stealing all these ideas!
I kind of actually really like cleaning…??? but some of these are GENIUS. I’ve been wanting to clean our blinds forever and now I just might do it.
I love these hacks! I really should clean my pillows more!
Dusting fan blades with a pillowcase is brilliant!!
Thank you for sharing these! I’m going to try the magic eraser one!
I love me a good ‘hack’!! 🙂 Work smarter, not harder.. These are great, thanks for sharing!!
I could use magic erasers for everything! They work on removing paint from kids easels too. I have to try out that baby oil trick.
I just tossed a pillow thanks to the flu. Whomp whomp.
And the over the door shoe holder as cleaning supplies storage is genius! I have a pantry that would work perfectly for that!
Laura Keenan says
Ooh, I love all these ideas! Now off to freshen my mattress… Because that seems fairly important!
Crystal Hall says
These are great tips!! My house is in desperate need of Spring cleaning!!