Chris gets back today from his annual guy’s ski trip to Breckenridge. I’m sure they’ve had a grand ol’ time hitting the slopes during the day and reliving their college days at night…but Chris will soon find out that Hazel and I had some fun of our own while he was away.
We redecorated! The fact that I haven’t had a true color scheme in the living room has been driving me NUTS since we moved in. After a little browsing on the YHL mood board, I decided that this one was perfect and worked with a lot of the stuff that we already had. So the first thing to go was the blue mirror. I love this mirror and I will definitely use it elsewhere in the house…
(Of course I forgot to take a “before” picture, so I had to use an old Christmas one)
But it just didn’t stand a chance against this guy…
I fell in love with this mirror during a trip to Garden Ridge. It’s very similar to Old Time Pottery…basically just rows and rows (and rows) of home decor. Granted 75% of it falls into the “pretty sure my grandma had this” category…that still leaves 25% of amazingness at amazing prices.
I also came home with some baskets to put above the entertainment center…and a $10 cowhide pillow. It might be a little out there, but I still like it 🙂
(yes, I was so depressed by the first half of the game that I started taking pictures)
I apologize for all of the boring home decor posts. I may or may not be using this blog to show my mom what I’ve been working on around the house. Hey, it’s easier than trying to send a bunch of big pictures via email! So thanks for bearing with me. Maybe I’ll do something exciting this week to blog about. Maybe not though 🙂
AH! I love it!! I need some help decorating my mantel BAD. I should search YHL and Bower Power mood boards. That's such a great idea.
Sounds like we had a similar weekend 🙂 I went to Old Time Pottery and dominated there. I'm obsessed with that place!!!!!! I will post some pictures of my purchases to- just for you 🙂
i love it too! so much in fact, that the first pic you showed of your new mantel i thought you took from another blog and were going to say "this is what i was going for…" but it's actually yours! you go girl 🙂
ok, if that came off as if i didn't think you could decorate that well, that's not what i meant at all, i just thought it looked THAT good. hahaha sorry!
Haha, oh Molly…I didn't think that at all, but that sure makes me laugh 🙂 Britt–I do want to see what you got at OTP. These stores are the best thing to ever happen to me!
Ali Moore says
I love it! And, I think the cowhide works. I bet Chris feels right at home now. 🙂