Length: 26.5 inches
Weight: 16lbs 10oz
Head Circumference: 17 inches
Milestones this month:
- Sitting up like a big girl! You are loving the new view!
- Eating solids. So far you’ve tried rice and oatmeal cereals, and just a few days ago we introduced bananas. This is how you felt about the bananas 🙂
- First teeth! Your bottom two came one right after another. You were a little bit needier during the teething process and you had a slight fever one day…but other than that, you were pretty easy on us. What wasn’t so easy? When you bit me while nursing. Um, yikes! I’ve read that I’m supposed to scream (as if I could do anything else)–but that just made you laugh. Not exactly the reaction I was going for! So the next time it happened I stopped feeding you immediately, and now we’re going on 2 days with no episodes. Lets hope that streak lasts…forever 🙂
- Transitioning to 2 naps. I’ve been stressing about this for a long time, googling when and how to start the process…then suddenly one day you just did it. On a good day you’re taking a 1.5 hour nap in the morning and then another one in the afternoon. I hope we’ve said goodbye to the catnaps for good!
- Riding in the big girl stroller. You’re no longer rocking the car seat attachment–instead you’re in the big seat, looking out at the world. Walks are way more fun when you can watch Hazel psychotically stop to mark her territory every 10 steps!
- Wearing 6-9 month clothes. Now if I could just get that through my head while shopping…I still immediately go to 3 month stuff. When did you get so big?!
- This isn’t really a milestone, but I am pretty proud of your wrist rolls. You know the ones that make it look like you have rubberbands around them? In my mind this means you’re officially a “chubby baby” 🙂
Things you like this month:
- Talking, talking, talking. You’re a regular old Chatty Cathy, and my favorite is when you whisper in your crib in the morning. I may or may not have video taped the monitor one morning…I just never want to forget that sweet little sound!
- Shaking your head. Sometimes it’s when you’re tired but most of the time you’re just being goofy. You’ll jump in the jumperoo and then shake your head back and forth like a wild woman!
- Car rides. Well like might be stretching it–but at least you tolerate them. You know how to entertain yourself now, so short car rides around town are a breeze. Finally!
- When I open the car door to get you out. As soon as you hear the door open your face lights up and you kick, kick, kick. Sometimes you even gasp with excitement and it’s aaaadorable! I have never looked forward to opening any door so much in my life 🙂
- Hazel…of course. You love talking to her and even use a special high-pitched voice to do so. Maybe that’s my influence??
- Looking in mirrors. Whenever you wake up I take you by the bathroom mirror…you light up for a few seconds and then get all shy and put your head on my shoulder. Gosh, you are becoming such a little person!!!
Things you don’t like this month:
- Getting your nose wiped. You came home from KC with another darn cold that seemed to last forever, so unfortunately there was a lot of nose wiping going on this month.
- I honestly can’t think of anything else…you are so happy these days!
Special memories this month:
- Your first trip back to Kansas with just me. We survived the flights and had a great time visiting, but we both missed your dad. I really think you were wondering where he was each night at bath time.
- Getting your ears pierced with Aunt Lindsay and Gigi. And they are beautiful, I might add!
- Meeting Mom T, my sorority house mom. It was a special memory for sure 🙂
- Going to Avery’s first birthday party! She was adorable and so was her party!
- Swinging at the park for the first time. I know I keep saying this, but you are so big!
- Meeting my nurses at the fertility clinic. We were running some errands in Sugar Land so I decided to pop in and introduce you. It was an amazing feeling taking you, my sweet 6-month-old baby, into the place I’d sat so many times just praying for you.
Arden, I can’t believe you have been on this earth for six whole months. Every day I think I couldn’t love you more–but every day I do. Happy half birthday, baby girl!
|6 month well check! In Papa’s words, “it’s time to start thinking training bra” 🙂|