Somehow, someway…it’s almost Thanksgiving!!! Christmas is sneaking up on us, and I don’t know about you, but I’m ready to start crossing some gifts off of my lists!! Now through Black Friday, I’ll be sharing gift guides every day to help you do just that. So lets start with the ladies, shall we? Whether you’re shopping for your girlfriends, your mother-in-law, or sending it to someone to buy for YOU…hopefully this list of favorites will give you some inspiration! Just click on the items below for direct links.
Next up…the guys!
***this post contains affiliate links***
When it comes to material things, my husband is about as low maintenance as a person can be. He basically needs food to eat, clothes to wear, and a couple of cold beers in the refridgerator…and he’s a happy guy. You’d think this would make him easy to shop for, but it actually ends up being quite the opposite. It’s not that he has everything…it’s that he needs nothing.
However, he’s kind of a geek at heart and gets a kick out of anything unusual or innovative. That’s where the site Uncommon Goods has come in handy this holiday season. If I can find him something unique and quirky–or something that solves an everyday problem…it’s a guaranteed hit! Uncommon Goods carries a ton of these kinds of gifts for guys, but I’ve highlighted some of the ones that I know my “Mr. I don’t need anything” would totally love!
Beer Cap Map USA – With this handmade map, beer connisuiers can keep track of (and show off) their favorite brews from each state. By the way, half of the gifts carried by Uncommon Goods are handmade–including this one!
Six-Pack Cooler Tote – Sometimes you just don’t need a full-blown cooler…am I right?! This neoprene tote would be perfect to take along to a get-together with friends or neighbors.
Whiskey Wedge – Chill your drink without diluting it…and look cool doing it! My husband would be all about this glass.
45 Second Omelet Maker – Maybe he’ll think this is so cool that he’ll want to bring me omelettes in bed every morning 😉
Driftwood iPhone Docking Station – This would really make his nightstand look manly. And I love the fact that they’re made of real driftwood from the beaches of Maine!
Easy Flip Kabob Set – Grilling kabobs used to be a pain–but not anymore! This thing is genius!
Necktie Travel Roll – For the traveling businessmen…this will help avoid tie creases!
Fishing Pole Campfire Rod – Again–so SO smart!!! Who wouldn’t want to roast hotdogs or marshmallows this way?!?
Pizza Cutter & Server – My husband has always made fun of me for cutting pizza with scissors (which I still don’t think is weird, for the record!)…but I have to agree, this is way better.
Now don’t go thinking they only have things for the guys…there are plenty of wonderfully unique gifts for women–and gifts for anyone in general! So go ahead and browse. I dare you to find something you don’t love! 😉
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Uncommon Goods, but the opinions are my own.
In one way, it’s hard to believe Nash’s 2nd birthday is just a few weeks away…but on the other hand, I forget he’s not already 2. He’s such a big kid these days! We decided that we’re going to skip the big birthday party hoopla this year and just celebrate with our families. The plan is instead to use the money to buy Nash a few good ol’ “boy toys”. I love that he loves his baby dolls and fairy wings…but with another sister on the way, I have to agree with Chris that he may need a G.I. Joe or two 😉
Here are the goodies that made the “wishlist”…
1. Racing Car Take-Apart Toy. He loves cars and seems to have his dad’s engineering brain…so this toy should be a winner!
2. Superhero Dress Up Costumes. Because I’m not even sure Nash knows who these guys are…it’s time to introduce him to some superheros!
3. Buckle Toy “Buster”. Isn’t this toy genius? I wish I would’ve heard about it sooner! I think I’ll keep it in my purse for long drives or dinners out. Nash loves him some buckles!
4. Elite Force Battle Group Play Set. I think these guys might be as much for Chris as they are Nash 😉
5. Adidas Soccer Ball. This should solve the problem of both kids fighting over the same pink ball. Right?!?
6. Fisher Price Pirate Ship. Both Arden and Nash fell in LOVE with this toy at some family’s house. There are so many pieces and details…I think it’ll be a toy that really grows with him.
7. Nerf Gun. Can anyone guess who added this one to the list? I’m surprised he didn’t request 2!
8. Youth Baseball Glove. I can’t wait to see if Nash really likes these toys…or if he just likes Arden’s!
9. Gearation Refrigerator Magnets. He loves to use regular old magnets on our easel–so I know these will blow his mind!
10. Soccer Goal. Because what fun’s a soccer ball if you can’t score a goal?!?
11. Magformers. Okay, so I might be the one who wants these. I could play with Magformers all day long!
That’s all I’ve got for today! We’re heading to the Little Apple this weekend…and next week I might just write a pregnancy update post. You know…19 weeks in 😉
Happy weekend, friends!
I don’t know how it happened, but my sweet girl is going to be four in just a couple of weeks. FOUR! Even though she doesn’t need a single thing, there are a few small gifts that she’s had her eye on…and I’ll tell ya, she’s made sure to let me know about them! She also told me that if she doesn’t get something, it’s okay because “Santa will bring it to her at Christmas”. No pressure, Santa!
On another note…I’ve said this a million times, but how amazing is Amazon Prime? I love never having to leave my house 😉 Just kidding…sort of.
1. Games! Arden is a total card shark and loves any kind of organized board game, but I think it’s time to add a couple of new ones to our collection. Hot Potato looks like a great game that we can play as family–even with Nash! Another one that looks fun and hilarious is Pie Face. Because kids think people getting hit in the face with anything is hilarious! 😉
2. Bitty Baby Clothes. Arden got a Bitty Baby from my parents a couple of Christmas’ ago, but the poor thing is still wearing the pajamas she came in! It was Arden’s ideas to get Scarlett some new clothes…and I think she would totally love this ballerina swimsuit set, as well as this sweet little giraffe jumper. Scarlett’s going to be stylin!
3. Tsum Tsum Mystery Stack Packs – I’ve mentioned these things before…they’re totally overpriced and the actual toys usually get lost in our couch cushions within an hour…but gosh, Arden loves the thrill of opening them up! And since it’s her birthday, I’m going to get her like 5 😉
4. Perler Beads – Anybody remember these things from when we were little?!? Arden asked for Aquabeads, but a lot of the reviews I read said that Perler Beads might be better suited for younger kids. My little crafter is going to love them!
5. Barbie & Convertible – Since getting a dollhouse at Christmas, Arden spends a lot of time playing and make-believing with her Barbies. I love to hear her conversations between “Anna, Elsa, Kate and Connie” (Connie…what?!?) and she’s mentioned a few times that they need a car to take them places. (And a plane, but we’ll start with all wheels on the ground!) She also loves to switch her Barbies’ outfits, so I know she’ll go nuts over this collection of handmade dresses!
6. DVDs – We recently switched from DirecTV to Google Fiber and therefore, lost all of the DVRed Disney movies we’d been hoarding for two years. Let’s just say it was slightly devastating for a certain 3-year-old!! That’s why I thought a couple of good DVDs (like Cinderella and Snow White) would be great gifts.
7. Playfoam – My nieces and nephews had some of this in on our trip and Arden thought it was super cool. I love that it’s cleaner and way less annoying than playdoh!
8. Arden’s so interested in spelling and sounding out words, so I know she’s going to eat these Fancy Nancy books up. I’m actually pretty excited about them myself!
So there you have it…what to get a child who doesn’t need anything 😉