When you don’t get a weekend recap post up until Tuesday…it means it was a really good weekend 🙂
Considering I have exactly ten favorite pictures from Friday-Sunday, I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to join in on Karli’s new Ten on Tuesday linkup. So here’s a little peek into our weekend via my iPhone…
1. Dear every other pair of shoes I own: see ya. I finally snagged some Birkenstocks on Friday…and I’m probably never going to take them off. So comfy!!!!
2. Arden bounced out of bed Saturday morning when she realized it was “soccer day”! Growing up I spent almost every Saturday at the soccer fields…but I’m sure I never looked quite this cute.
3. Remember how I said Arden loves to celebrate when she scores a goal? She’s a happy little leprechaun, isn’t she?!? 😉
4. Lucky Arden got to have 3 of her favorite people in the crowd this week: her cousin Maren, Gigi, and Papa. She told me before the game that she couldn’t wait to show them her “skills”.
5. Okay, enough about soccer (I told you I want to be a soccer mom!) Saturday afternoon we went to a wedding shower for my cousin and his fiance. I loved all the decor that another cousin’s wife put together…especially this sign. She’s crazy creative and her hand-lettering skills just amaze me!
6. Saturday night we went to dinner with my family…Mexican, of course! My dad asked the waiters to surprise Chris with a birthday song and a tequila shot…and Nash was completely unsure of the entire situation. I just love his little face in this one!
7. He definitely preferred to wear the sombrero himself. Also, we found out that he’s quite passionate about sour cream and guacamole. Oh señor Nash…
8. The past couple of months I’ve been planning a little surprise for Chris’ 31st birthday. As hard as it was to keep the secret, it was totally worth it when I got to tell him that we were heading downtown to break out of some rooms with 14 of our friends 😉
9. Breakout KC was so. much. fun. If you haven’t heard of the concept, you’re basically given 60 minutes to solve riddles, crack codes, and work together to find your way out of an escape room. Our room made it out in 48 minutes and the other group was just one clue away from breaking out. I can’t wait to do it again!!!
Thanks to these great friends for joining us and making Chris’ birthday celebration one to remember! And thank you Gigi & Papa for holding down the fort for us back home 😉
10. My adrenaline was still pumping later that night, so after we put the kids in bed I decided to start painting our little mudroom shiplap project. I can’t wait to share the finished product soon!!!
Have a great day, friends!