As much as I love my diaper bag, lately I’ve been finding myself ready to move on to something a little smaller–and a little more manageable. Gone are the days (for now) that I need to lug around a case of diapers, extra clothes, a swaddling blanket, and half of the toy box…just to name a few things. With a 3 year old and 1 year old, the necessities include 2 water bottles, 1 diaper, 1 package of wipes, 1 toy, and some on-the-go snacks (2 of each, of course–or someone is bound to have a meltdown!) Then there are my essentials: wallet, phone, sunglasses, lip gloss, keys, hand sanitizer, etc. It’s not much, but a little bit more than your standard purse can handle. That’s why I’ve been on the hunt for the perfect “mom purse”. Something functional and practical for every day use, but also cute and stylish enough to take out for the occasional kid-free outing.
Here are some of my faves…
1. Stripe Print Canvas Tote – Every time I see this bag at Target I stop to admire it. Like most on the list, it’s got an additional strap to make it a cross body, and it’s the perfect size. Plus, stripes!!!!
2. Emerson Satchel – The real leather makes this more of an investment, but one that would be totally worth it. I like all the extra pockets and compartments…and I adore the color. (Also comes in pomegranate!)
3. Kyle Crossbody Satchel – I love the timeless look of this Jessica Simpson bag. It’s something I could see myself using even as a diaper bag if we’re blessed enough to have a #3!
4. Del Mano Crossbody Bag – Not the quality of some of the others, but the reviews say the faux leather is pretty convincing. And $25…seriously?!
5. Cleo Letter Carrier – I love the simplicity of this bag. Also, black goes with everything…and nylon is easy to keep clean!
I’m pretty set on the cross body style (because I need all the hands I can get), but Joanna’s Favorite Bag is like the prettiest thing of all time. Maybe someday!
What’s your vote??