So here I sit trying to recap our Valentine’s Day, but I just can’t get anything written…because I’m glued to “The Bachelor at 20” and
crying smiling through Jade & Tanner’s wedding. Anyone else?!?! Ohhhh…why am I so invested in this darn reality show?!? And what will I ever do if it ends? It’s probably better not to think about that.
Anyway…Valentine’s Day 🙂
We didn’t go over the top. No crazy presents or heart-shaped food like years past…but it was still a great day with the little family that I love so much.
1. So this picture was actually from Arden’s dance class on Friday…not technically Valentine’s Day, but a great way to kick off the weekend nonetheless! Chris took the day off and she was so excited to have him there watching her do her thing in her Elsa tutu 😉
2. I got each of the kiddos small gifts for Valentine’s Day, but I realized Saturday night that I’d ordered the wrong toy for Nash. Oops! So the poor guy got a few chocolates and a light-up bouncy ball. He had to have been wondering why Arden kept pulling things out of her bag! Sorry Nash, I promise I’ll make up for it next year! Arden did love her bead set though, and I’m super excited about this devotional for preschoolers. By the way, Chris and I just got each other cards. Please tell me we’re not the only lame-os that don’t really do Valentines Day?!
3. I guess Arden felt bad after opening her presents because she started frantically making Valentine’s and rummaging around the house for “gifts” for us. I loved my remote and my paper plate! How did she know that’s exactly what I wanted?!?
4. When I saw Sarah that afternoon she sent me home with a Valentine for Arden. Cue the V-Day procrastination again–she got out the art supplies and started crafting something for Brantley. It was so nice outside that we decided to go for a walk (or drive in the kids’ case) and let Arden hand deliver her card.
5. The delivery went flawlessly (ha!) and it turns out that the card was just a piece of paper with a few Minnie Mouse stickers on it. It’s the thought that counts, right?! Love these two!
6. And just because I love a good, post-bath, baby pic. He is my chubbiest Valentine, that’s for sure 🙂
Hope your day was full of love too!