And I don’t mean sick in the skater slang kind of way. I mean–ill, yuck, blech. Womp, womp. But the good news is that there were still a few highlights. And the best news? Everyone is healthy now and ready to take on a new week!
1. I must say, the weekend started off pretty darn good. We took the kids out to my parents’ house for a fun cousin slumber party and then made our way downtown for the Blake Shelton concert. It had been a long week and it felt so good to get ready, put on some lipstick, and not wipe anyone’s nose for a few hours. Plus I got to hang out with this handsome guy!
2. Truth is, Blake is not one of my favorite country artists…but I still ended up loving the concert. He has so many songs and was really fun to watch. Plus the “Gwen is here somewhere” rumors made things pretty entertaining too!
3. Saturday morning I got a text from my mom at 7am saying that Arden had been up most of the night throwing up. Poor baby and poor Gigi! I brushed my teeth and hit the road to pick up our little sicky. I’ve spent very few nights away from her and hated not being there for her when she was getting sick…but so thankful that Gigi took great care of her. My mom is the most caring, loving, and nurturing person ever…and we love her so much! Needless to say, we spent a lot of time lounging like this Saturday morning while our poor little sicky recovered.
4. Saturday was the most beautiful day with temps in the upper 60’s day (in February!!)…so after awhile we moved the lounging out to the garage to get some fresh air. One thing I know: today marks day 1 of “tablet detox”. We’ve let the kids watch the iPad more than usual since they’ve been sick and they’re starting to turn into technology monsters. At one point Arden told me, quite dramatically, “I don’t LIKE to play outside!! I only like to watch the iPad!!!” Um, yeah…peace out iPad. See you after the kids go to bed.
5. We were able to coax the kids out of the garage at some point…and as usual, Nash went straight for something of Arden’s. If it’s pink–he wants it!
6. Arden said she felt up for a ride in the truck, so we headed out for a walk in the gorgeous weather. Dollar spot sunglasses for the win!
7. Sometimes you just can’t make it to your bed. Easiest diaper change I’ve done in awhile.
8. It probably won’t happen for awhile still, but Chris and I have been brainstorming ideas for finishing our basement lately. He bought some home design software this weekend and has been glued to the computer for hours every night. I’ve basically been hovering over his shoulder saying, “can you add some shiplap there?” 😉 I can’t wait to get started on it…one of these days!
9. And this, my friends, is how I ended our crazy, exciting weekend. Shaving the chairs in our living room. Seriously though…have you tried it? It’s oddly satisfying.
I hope you all had a great (and much healthier) weekend!
Let’s do this, Monday!