When I started this little ol’ blog six years ago, the 5 original readers knew pretty much everything about me. Well now that I’ve gained about 5 more, I thought it would be fun to share some random facts about myself. You’re welcome…or something like that???
1. Let me start with something shocking: I don’t drink coffee. I really want to, but I just don’t have a taste for it–even with a ton of creamer. Not to worry though, I’m still getting caffeine. I survived the first year of Nash’s life on Dr. Pepper Ten alone.
2. Chris and I met our senior year of college when his fraternity and my sorority were homecoming partners. We first hung out on Tuesday and by the parade on Friday I told my friends that I was pretty sure he was the guy I was going to marry… 🙂
3. My favorite TV series of all time is Friday Night Lights. Texas forever, y’all.
4. My name was almost Claire, but my Dad vetoed it at the last minute for Vanessa. I think I would’ve made a much better Claire, Dad!!!
5. I’m not ashamed to say that I’ve watched all but one season of the Bachelor/Bachelorette (Byron’s). What will I ever do if that show ends?!?
6. I highlight my hair. Though I was really blonde growing up, I think it would be pretty dark if I went au-naturale now. Truth is, I’ll probably never know what my real color is 😉
7. My parents are the greatest people I know. I never get tired of being around them and would totally love it if they moved in next door to us.
8. In high school I was voted “Most Likely to Become a Sorority President”…and what do you know, I did! I’m not gonna lie, when we found out Arden was a girl my first thought was: “she’s going to be a Pi Phi!” I mean, only if she wants to be……which she will.
9. I only wear heels a few times a year…usually at weddings. Flats for life!
10. I’ve always wished I would’ve grown up in a small town. I think small town life would suit me and I love the idea of knowing everyone–although I know that has it’s disadvantages too! Plus, I already do all my shopping online anyway 😉
11. I would eat breakfast for every meal if I could.
12. In high school my best friends and I met Rick Springfield (you know, Jessie’s Girl?!) We were probably his youngest fans by about 25 years, but we were diehards! We even made him a build-a-bear that said “We love you, Rick”. Totally creepy, right? I’m sure he sleeps with it at night.
13. I only listen to country music. And the Frozen soundtrack, but that’s not by choice anymore.
14. The place I want to visit the most right now is Nashville. (See #13)!
15. After having Arden, I went back to work for one day. Yep…one. I really had planned to keep working, but I knew in my heart that I wanted to stay home with my kids…and it was more than obvious that first day back. Soooo we figured out a way to make it work sooner than we’d planned. Now I can’t imagine it any other way!
16. I was a total tomboy growing up. I wore a different colored sweatsuit to school every day (with white a white turtleneck underneath in the winter months…cool right?) paired with some sweet black sambas. Basically, I always looked amazing.
17. Target and Old Navy are my happy places. I could spend hours (and lots of $$$$) in both.
18. My dream is to build a farmhouse on the outskirts of town one day. Kind of sounds like a country song, huh?
19. When I was two, I was a California Raisin for Halloween. My dad made my costume out of paper mache, and I’m still not completely sure how I breathed.
20. Yoga pants are my jam.
And now you know a little more about me: Claire. I mean, Vanessa. Darn it.