You know those weekends that totally don’t go as planned…but still end up being pretty wonderful? Yep, we just had one of those. The ice and snow kept us from a family Christmas that we were all looking forward to…but I’d say we made the most of it by staying in our PJs, watching holiday movies, and eating cookies for breakfast. With the craziness of the holidays in full swing, it may have been just the downtime we needed.
1. One thing did go as planned this weekend and that was Chris’ work holiday party. We got dressed up, ate good food, caught up with friends…and were home and in bed by 10:00. My kind of night for sure!
3. When you miss a big fun family Christmas, you should at least get to open a present…right? This practice run got me so excited for the real deal!!
4. Another highlight of our weekend in? The arrival of Beatrice & Beau…the bitty twins! We always get the best hand-me-downs from my nieces and nephews, and I knew these two were going to be a big hit. I’m not sure why Nash is performing surgery on Beau in this picture, but I can assure you he loves his “boy”. As for Beatrice, she’s only changed outfits 152 times in the last 3 days. I’d say she’s getting plenty of attention.
5. The sweetest sleeping elf there ever was. And yes, we changed out of one set of PJs and put on another.
6. Day 2 of freezing temps and icy conditions meant another pajama day…and maybe a few surprise egg videos.
7. Arden was hard at work all weekend making little gifts for everyone in our family. The gift wrapping and labels pretty much melt my heart. I can hardly wait to find out what’s inside.
8. As much as I love Nash’s haircut, the unruliness is driving me bonkers lately! Without gel I’m constantly having to swipe it out from in front of his eyes–and this weekend I just gave up. Ponytails are so much easier!!! He kept telling me, “I not want this on my head!” But he forgot about it after awhile…and I decided he’d be a pretty cute girl.
9. We ended our weekend making one of my childhood favorites: Holly! Don’t ask how many are left today…
So here’s what I learned from our two days in pajamas. Though I’d prefer it not interfere with our travel plans, it should totally happen at least once a month 😉
Happy Christmas week, friends!