Why do the weekends go by so fast?! And why can’t every day be the weekend? As you can tell, I’m doing some deep thinking on this Monday 😉
We had a fun little weekend hanging out with friends, working on craft projects, and crying over chewed-on cribs. Okay, so I could’ve done without the last one…but more on that later.
Here’s a look at our weekend via my iPhone…
1. Arden has joined me in my green smoothie obsession. After letting her suck half of mine down for a few days, I finally made her one of her own this weekend…and I taught her how to “cheers”. Cross that important life lesson off the list!
2. This little rascal refused her morning naps on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. She didn’t cry or throw a fit, she mostly just sang and babbled in her crib for an hour each day. It’s hard to be mad at her when she protests so happily! I’m thinking (aka HOPING) it’s just a phase, as I’m not sure I’m ready for her to give up that morning nap just yet. We’ve been following the Mom’s on Call schedule since she was about 3 months old and they tell you to drop down to one nap at 18 months…you know, 7 months from now. So we’ll see. Anybody have advice in this area?!
3. My parents were so nice to mail us my old highchair so that we could paint it for Arden’s pictures and birthday party. And yes, that’s a Gateway computer box circa 1995. I’m sure the UPS man was confused!
4. I went to yoga on Saturday morning while Chris stayed home with Arden, who was supposed to be napping. Instead however, she was awake, silently gnawing on her crib. Chris filled me in on the damage when I got out of the gym…I cried and went to Hobby Lobby. I mean, what would you do?! Turns out she didn’t ruin anything–just scraped some of the finish off in a few places, which I’m hoping can be touched up. Everyone warned me that this would happen and I really thought I was on top of things…but it turns out I ordered a rail-guard just a couple days too late. Until it arrives later today, this is my temporary fix…lovely, right?
5. Arden got her first mullet trim on Saturday! Nothin’ fancy…just a little over-the-kitchen-sink action. A friend asked me if I saved some of the hair for her baby book…whoops. #momfail
6. We visited the much anticipated World of Beer on Saturday with some friends and their babies. It was HOT but still a good time! As the dads were trying “just one more beer”, we took the kiddos over to a grassy area to get down and crawl around. Clearly Arden did not get the memo about the race…she’s more into posing I guess 🙂
7. We ordered some pizza while at WOB…turns out she’s a meat lover.
8. Throughout the weekend I added coat after coat of Catalina Mist to my old highchair. The color is gorgeous and I’m SO happy with the finished product. It’s ready for a tea party!!!
9. Sunday afternoon we went to a BBQ at Meagan and Cody’s house–it was such a great time for us and the babies! They were all so independent, just crawling and running all over the place…we should’ve known that a picture of all 5 would be impossible! I love Addison in the back doing her “touchdown!” trick! We’re so thankful for our little Katy family 🙂
Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!