How is it possibly almost August?! It’s just not right how quickly this summer is flying by! But wait, that just means we’re a little bit closer to football, scarves, and pumpkin-flavored-everything. Okay, I’m good 🙂
Even though it went too fast, we had a great, low-key weekend at home.
Here are some highlights…
1. Our weekend actually started on Thursday night when Chris got home from Dubai. He brought Arden her first souvenir (a stuffed camel named Lucy!) and she repaid him with a big, sloppy kiss. Sounds like a fair trade, no??
2. We took advantage of Chris’ Friday off and hit the pool as a family. I’m not sure why, but I always feel the need to put Arden’s hair in a ponytail when we go to the pool. There’s just nothing cuter than a baby sporting a swimsuit and a sweet little pony! 😉
3. Arden had her first kids meals on Friday night…I mean, where’s the spot for that in the baby book?! Actually, I guess I should say that I had a kids meal and she had a couple of fries and a chicken nugget. Don’t let that face fool you–she really liked it!
4. It’s raining, it’s pouring…no wait, that’s called “my husband was weed-eating and flicked a rock at the window.” Whoops. At least it’s pretty…?
5. Saturday we went downtown with some friends to good ol’ St. Arnold’s Brewery. That’s my child…beer token in one hand, her foot pulled up to her face in the other 🙂
6. Post-brewery hairdo. I promise you, she did not partake in the beer-tasting…
7. We went out to one of our favorite restaurants on Saturday night and Arden provided the entertainment…waving, smiling and staring people down in the tables next to us. It got to the point where these people couldn’t enjoy their meals because they felt obligated to wave back every time. There are worse things, I suppose!
8. Hazel got a new bone…and her own personal bone-holder. Lucky dog!
9. We capped off the weekend with one more trip to the pool, where little miss diva took her first selfie. Just kidding…but it sure looks like it! Oh Lordy, I’m not even ready for that yet… 🙂
Have a great week, friends!