Length: 22.75 inches
Weight: 9lbs 14oz a week ago, so we’re guessing 10lbs 5oz.
Head Circumference: 15 inches
Milestones This Month:
- You are cooing, gurgling and semi-giggling a lot. It’s amazing the things we will do to get a smile out of you too 🙂
- You are getting more and more comfortable with tummy time every day. We were lucky if you made it for 2 minutes at a time during the first month, and now you’re up to about 10 minutes a few times a day. I really love your little tummy time boppy and apparently you do too.
- Officially out of newborn clothes…hooray!
- You’re getting a little more efficient with nursing…but I’m still hoping it continues to get quicker.
- Last week we stopped waking you up for a 3am feeding, so now you’re sleeping through the night! On a typical night you go down at 9:00-9:30 and wake up between 6 and 7am. I keep reminding myself that we are VERY lucky…and it probably won’t last 🙂
- You started sleeping in your own room on Sunday night…tear. It was sad for me, but you did great. You didn’t wake up once and you slept in until 7:15…probably because it’s darker and a little bit quieter. If you were wondering, I only woke up about 15 times to obsessively check the video monitor 😉
- I can tell you’re able to see much further away because you can track me across the room when you’re in your bouncer.
Things You Like This Month:
- Still loving bath time. You happily kick your feet and splash water all over the place–and I do my best to pry your little hands open and clean out all of the lent you’ve collected during the day. It’s amazing the treasures you’ve sometimes got hiding in there!
- Staring at us. Let me tell you, the feeling is mutual.
- The television. Football, politics, reality TV…you’re not picky. This probably makes me a bad mom, but it makes tummy time last so much longer!
- Your new bouncer. I saw this one recommended in a baby magazine…so for $23, we thought we’d give it a try. You love to kick and chatter while you’re in it–and it allows me time to take a shower, unload the dishwasher or to do any of those other activities that are so hard to find the time for these days.
- The Nuk pacifier. We decided to try it after we saw how much your friend Jackson liked his–and so far so good. I still give you the soothies sometimes too but the Nuk seems to be easier for you to keep in, which makes it good for car rides…which in turn, means less of me halfway-crawling in the back seat at a stop light to put it back in for you 🙂
- Grabbing things. Toys, blankets…my clothes…basically anything that happens to be near your hands. I think actually grabbing the things is just luck right now, but you’ve got a mean grasp once you get a hold of them.
Things You Don’t Like This Month:
- Sleeping flat on your back. I’m kind of (okay really) freaking out about transitioning you out of the nap nanny to your crib, but I’ve found a lot of helpful tips for doing so online and from other moms. We’ll figure it out!
- Letting me workout! Sometimes I try to get my video in while you’re napping, but that’s also prime showering time…so a few times recently I’ve attempted to let you play on the floor next to me. That lasts about 10 minutes and then you demand more attention. I’ll admit though, sometimes I’m thankful for the excuse to stop 🙂
- The “snot sucker”. I hate doing this to you but I have to remind myself that it’s making you feel better in the end. That’s right, you got your first cold after our big trip…poor, poor baby.
Special Memories From This Month:
- Your first of many trips to Kansas!
- Meeting your cousins. They love you and can’t wait until you’re big enough to play with them 🙂
- Your first trip to the pumpkin patch. Pictures to come!
- You’ve witnessed an undefeated K-State season! Maybe you’re our good luck charm??
Happy 2 months, Arden!