In my opinion, one of the (many) exciting things about becoming a parent is knowing that I’ll get to be a kid again myself–reliving all of the fun aspects of childhood through Miss Arden. In a couple of years we’ll be baking cookies and licking the spoons clean afterwards–because that’s what kids do, right? And that’s not it…I say bring on the Disney movies, coloring books, holiday classroom parties (I mean, who doesn’t love the Halloween costume parade through the halls?), and who could forget…TOYS.
A couple of a months ago a friend introduced me to an adorable children’s boutique out of Dallas called Little Bean. If you haven’t heard of it, prepare yourself…cutest. stuff. ever. So with Christmas on the horizon (can you believe it?!?) I decided to make my own Little Bean wishlist for Arden and all of my crazy nieces and nephews. Something about buying gifts for the kiddos just makes me so happy. Yes, I am aware (and 100% okay) with the fact that I’m buying their affection 🙂
- Vilac Tea Set: Arden won’t be ready for tea time for a couple of years, but I just can’t resist! Plus you know I’m a sucker for anything with a vintage floral print. Precious.
- Nathalie Lete Teepee: So much cooler than the forts I used to make out of afghans! I’m just thinking of all the fun my nieces could have in their very own teepee.
- Designer Doll: At 6 years old, Maren is really into crafts–and her parents would appreciate this gift because it doesn’t consist of 659 tiny pieces 🙂
- Color Steps Puzzle: Perfect for Arden. I remember a similar toy in the waiting room of my childhood dentist’s office…it’s a classic!
- Maileg Mouse Twins: There’s just something so sweet about these little pet mice. I kind of want a set to carry around in my purse. What? Too much???
- Pull Toy Squirrel: This reminds me of a pull penguin that my great-grandma in Iowa used to have. Everyone fought over who would get to play with it and I’m sure the squirrel would be equally as popular today with the Gower grandkids!
- Dragons Love Tacos: I mean, who doesn’t?
- Design Your Own Super Hero Cape: It seems like crafts are mostly geared towards girls, so it’s nice for boys to get a project of their own! Not to mention this is something they can actually use once they’re done.
- Vilac Bows and Arrows Set: Katniss anyone? Or should I say Gale? I love this fun little set!
- Rubbabu Tools: Perfect for a little man like Will. Soft and bendable–I can just picture him “fixing” things all over the house.
It’s amazing how being a mom and an aunt changes the way you think about everything. Case and point: Christmas. I have this extensive list going for the kids, and so far on my own list I have: “new hot glue gun”. So cool, Vanessa…so cool.
Anywho, I suggest you go check out the Little Bean shop–either online or in person. Just be prepared to want to be a kid again 🙂