I love that Hazel’s paws made it into the shot. She takes her babysitting duties very seriously 🙂
Length: 22.75 inches
Weight: 8lbs 7oz
Head Circumference: 14.5 inches
Milestones This Month:
- You SMILE. At least once a day we can get a few gummy grins out of you…and it’s pretty much the best thing ever. It just amazes me that even teeny tiny newborns can imitate what we do.
- You can follow a toy from side to side with your eyes. Of course, it took Babycenter telling me that you should be doing it for me to even know to try 🙂
- You’re slowly growing out of your newborn clothes. It excites me to put those onesies in a box because I know it means you’re gaining weight, but I’m sure it will start getting sad here before long.
- You rolled on your side twice while playing under the activity gym. Not sure it was on purpose either time but we’re going to call it a milestone.
- Whenever we’re out and about you take a bottle like a pro. I suppose that’s one good thing about all of that supplementing in the beginning. Crossing my fingers it lasts!
- You sleep for 4 hour stretches at night. You’d probably go longer if I wasn’t paranoid and insisted on waking you at 3am to eat. Once you plump up a little more, I will gladly take the extra hour of sleep. Although, I’m sure you’ll decide to stop sleeping so well when that happens…you’re tricky like that!
Things You Like This Month:
- Being swaddled. You use your super infant strength to fight it sometimes but once you’re bundled up you’re as happy as a lark.
- The Nap Nanny. It helps you sleep great at night, therefore, I love it too.
- Ceiling fans. Who needs toys when you have fans?!
- Bath time. You hated it at first and then we realized that you like your water warm. Like really WARM. Now the bath is your happy place…and I can’t get enough of the way you look all bundled up in your towel afterwards. Your hair curls up when it’s wet and it’s just too cute.
- Laying on the changing pad in your nursery. Yes, sometimes you also scream your head off here…but for the most part you’re content with just lying there and looking up at all the junk I have hanging from the wall. When you’re in a good mood, this is where we play dress up and take lots of pictures. Hey, you’ve gotta wear that closet full of outfits sometime!
Things You Don’t Like This Month:
- Any delay in being fed. When you’re hungry you-mean-business.
- Getting in and out of your car seat. Preparing for walks will be so much easier when you’re big enough for the regular stroller attachment and not the car seat adapter.
- Loud noises. It seemed like nothing could bother you the first couple of weeks, but now that you’re more alert you are startled by Hazel barking, doors slamming, etc.
- Gas. It stinks…pun intended.
Special Memories From This Month:
- Going to your first K-State watch parties. Don’t worry, I was also the kid who hung out in bars at an early age and I turned out just fine. Right? 🙂
- Our first shopping outings out together–Target, Sam’s Club, and the mall. You’re a pro!
- You giggled in your sleep yesterday. Both you dad and I were there to witness, and boy was it was adorable!
- You made some new pals at “mom’s group”. My friend Emily invited me to join in on the Tuesday morning get-together and we had so much fun. We learned a lot from all of the older babies and their moms and I can’t wait to do it again!
- You got to witness K-State’s stomping of Oklahoma!!!! We stayed home since it was such a late game, but had a great time just the 3 of us. I don’t know which was better–watching the cats roll over the sooners or seeing your dad “silently celebrate” each good play so he didn’t wake you up. It was priceless! 🙂
Happy 1 month, Arden!