It’s not very often that I write a post about a trip that I’m still technically on. However, a lovely “mechanical delay” has landed us in the Fort Myers airport for a good four hours–so why not pass the time blogging?
Spending time with my family is great. Spending time with my family in sunny Florida is even better.
As always, too much happened to write about it all–so I’m just going to share some of my favorite moments mixed in with pictures. Mostly pictures of kids…surprising right?
1. “Mom, Uncle Chris is in here…I am SO happy!” – Luke, after Chris arrived and got in the hot tub with the kids.
Is that a right hook, Maren?
2. Waking up to the sound of little voices…and lazy mornings in the courtyard.
3. Chris learning what parental multitasking is all about. Making breakfast with only one free hand…
4. The splash park.
(Luke’s famous swipe move. Nice form!)
5. A paddle boat ride with the girls. By the end we had decided to name our child “Scooby Calcara”.
This cool dude was waiting for us when we got back…
6. The constant tune of the Pet Shop game on Gigi’s iPad. That game is so silly, but I still found myself wanting to help Maren get enough gems to buy a Hazel. The best thing was when I told her that her shop was getting crowded and she said, “Well, I’m getting ready to expand”. Kids and iPads!
7. The beach. Sandcastles, seashells, feeding the birds, and Will eating snacks covered in sand. He doesn’t mind his food a little gritty 🙂
8. Dinner at Parrot Key. And the guys getting up to speed on twitter…sort of. “But what if I don’t want to follow people who follow other people?” Um…
9. My parents’ neighborhood block party. The kids’ name tags accidentally said Maren, “Noah” and Will Calcara. We were happy to claim them as our own for the night. Good thing Will didn’t have a dirty diaper or Chris might have backed out of the deal.
10. Outlet mall shopping. We came away with the some baby leggings (and jeggings!) and the sweetest bumble bee swimsuit. Our little one is all set for the pool next summer…
11. The Miracles minor league game. Norah ran the bases and got a standing ovation, Maren came home with a “junior deputy” badge from a police officer who liked her Royals shirt, and Luke enjoyed every minute of his favorite sport…
12. Laughing so hard I cried during the kids’ late night, impromptu dance party. Someday I’m sure they will appreciate the fact that we caught it all on video.
13. The Chipettes and their Lady Gaga covers that you just can’t seem to get out of your head. “Ga ga, oh la la…”
14. Uncle Chris and his sweet police car rental. Luke loved it.
Throughout the week, I just kept thinking that these were the moments we’d remember 20 years from now. A morning bike ride with my dad, Will eating everyone’s leftovers, and all of the kids yelling “Allllvinnnnnn!!!!” I’m looking forward to many more vacations and many more memories with the family.
And now I’m going to google “ways to pass time in an airport”. 🙂