I know it’s been awhile since I’ve blogged, so I thought I just check in to let my 4 – 5 avid readers that we’re still alive 🙂 Since we spoke last, a LOT has happened. We…
- Moved into our new house and we love it. It’s so cozy and warm…it already feels like home.
- Had a blast celebrating Thanksgiving with the Huschka’s and the O’Connor’s. While it was sad not to be in Kansas for the holiday, we had so much fun with these guys and the 75 degree weather wasn’t too bad either 🙂 I think we’ve even decided that we’re going to try to convince our families into coming down next year and hosting Thanksgiving at our place. It would be a lot of work, but so worth it.
- Drank hot chocolate, listened to Taylor Swift holiday music, and decorated the house for Christmas! It felt a little unnatural doing this when it was hot outside, but what are you gonna do?? I love Christmas!
- Skyped with Maren and Norah. A couple of highlights…Chris eating Maren’s virtual stew, which consisted of her holding the spoon up to the camera and him putting his mouth around our camera. The girls thought this was hilarious. Maren also told me that “maybe someday, we can all go to a K-State Wildcats game together…and it will be right before we go to bed so that we can dream about Willie the Wildcat all night.” Yes, I sure hope so Maren 🙂 And the last story. She told me, “I’ve got bad news for you…one time, Hazel was on the orange blanket on the couch and she went potty and nobody told you.” Leave it to Maren to spill the beans!!!
- Travelled to Denton for the K-State vs. North Texas football game. The game wasn’t exactly pretty but we still had a blast. Getting to see old college friends will never, ever get old. I did realize, however, that acting like you’re still in college does get old. I felt terrible on Sunday and have vowed to never tailgate like that again. Ever. Period.
- Experienced Ikea. All I have to say is – oh my gosh. That place is amazing!! Granted most of the stuff is a little too contemporary to match the rest of our house, but if you search for it you can find some more traditional and “cottagey” pieces. When we went to the store we only had enough room in our car for the new desk, but here’s a sneak peak of the rest of the things being delivered in the next couple weeks….
The desk, bookshelf and sleeper sofa will go in my office and the iron bed goes to our last spare bedroom. YAY!!! And believe it or not, everything costs less that $1500. That’s just crazy to me…crazy awesome!
We still have some work to decorating and arranging to do, but I promise to post pictures of the house soon.
Now back to the K-State game. Can’t wait until I can watch them live at the Sprint Center in December!